"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > General Cooking Information > Menu Planning > Today's Menu
Closed Thread

Old 02-11-2008, 10:53 AM   #71
Certified Cake Maniac

I am baking two types of foccacia today for a friend's daughter who is getting married tonight. I usually doing wedding cakes, but today it is the wedding "bread"!

http://beinglydia.com
Old 02-11-2008, 10:59 AM   #72
Senior Cook

Location: NJ for the moment, heading south next spring to be with my family.
Today, I'm embarking on a quest for the perfect Chocolate Chip cookie for a diabetic friend of my wife's. Gonna be fun. I'm also kicking around the idea of making another Guinness Cake, and I've got an order for my "Chocolate Chocolate Chocolate Butterscotch" cookies... that's chocolate dough, semi-sweet chips, milk chocolate chips, and butterscotch chips. My favorite triple threat. unfortunately this batch is being paid for by someone else, so I don't get to eat any, unless of course i squeeze out 38 or 40...hey...he asked for three dozen

Old 02-11-2008, 11:10 AM   #73
Certified Cake Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by SixSix210 View Post
Today, I'm embarking on a quest for the perfect Chocolate Chip cookie for a diabetic friend of my wife's. Gonna be fun. I'm also kicking around the idea of making another Guinness Cake, and I've got an order for my "Chocolate Chocolate Chocolate Butterscotch" cookies... that's chocolate dough, semi-sweet chips, milk chocolate chips, and butterscotch chips. My favorite triple threat. unfortunately this batch is being paid for by someone else, so I don't get to eat any, unless of course i squeeze out 38 or 40...hey...he asked for three dozen
SixSix, your triple threat cookies are similar to my own kitchen sink cookies - a fairly standard dough, with semi-sweet, milk chocolate, white chocolate and butterscotch chips. I also make a "dou", one half chocolate dough with white chips and regular dough with semi-sweet chips.

I made a diabetic chocolate cookie at camp last summer and it turned out well. If you want I can dig out the recipe.

Old 02-11-2008, 11:22 AM   #74
Senior Cook

OOOH Love the idea of a duo... I'd love to have that recipe for the diabetic cookies as well.
Old 02-11-2008, 11:40 AM   #75
Certified Cake Maniac

The Duos are here. I leave out the nuts as I have too many allergies in my circle of cookie eaters.

I will have to find the diabetic recipe and will PM it to you ASAP. I happen to be sorting recipes this morning anyway so it won't be long.

Old 02-12-2008, 07:02 AM   #76
Chef Extraordinaire

Send a message via AIM to suziquzie
I think I'm gonna go to Walmart and get some valentine cookie cutters along with my water softner salt this morning, and make some sugar cookies with the kiddies.
Supposed to snow thursday, I dont go ANYWHERE in the snow, I may have to buy a few extra baking supplies!
Old 02-12-2008, 08:01 AM   #77
Senior Cook

I'm gonna try those diabetic cookies today, and there's no cheese cake in my house right now, which is UNacceptable and also today, my DW has informed me that I am to begin work for EASTER and I am to begin work on a cookbook for the website.
Old 02-12-2008, 10:55 AM   #78
Certified Cake Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by SixSix210 View Post
I'm gonna try those diabetic cookies today, and there's no cheese cake in my house right now, which is UNacceptable and also today, my DW has informed me that I am to begin work for EASTER and I am to begin work on a cookbook for the website.
SixSix, I apologize, I did look for that recipe yesterday and have not found it. I will still look because my father is diabetic and I want to make some for him. Let me know how the ones you are making turn out!

As for me, after making double batches of focaccia AND pizza dough yesterday I got inspired by the smell of dough rising so I am going to make cinnamon buns today to surprise the guys. And I still need to bake another 4 dozen cookies for our church's youth retreat this weekend. Don't know what kind though.....

Old 02-12-2008, 11:01 AM   #79
Senior Cook

Perfect for a quick simple recipe. They make themselves. lol. That's why it's magic. This recipe is good for around 20 cookies of decent size, and are a smash hit around DW's office. I make them every week. At least once. You can replace anything in here with just about anything, exxcept the butter and condensed milk. Sorry about the formatting here, copy and pasted from my site. feelin lazy today.

1/2 cup butter or margarine
1 1/2 cups graham cracker crumbs
1 14-oz. can sweetened condensed milk
1 cup butterscotch flavored chips
1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
1 1/3 cups flaked coconut
1 cup chopped pecans

Preheat oven to 350

Line a 13x9-inch baking pan with a sheet of foil, making sure to cover the sites well.

Place the butter in the baking pan and melt it in the oven.

Sprinkle crumbs over butter and pour condensed milk evenly on top of crumbs. Top with remaining ingredients in order listed.

Press down firmly with your flat hands.

Bake 25 minutes or until lightly browned.

Let cool completely, lift it out of the dish gently by the extra foil sticking out. Put a cooling rack upside down on top and flip it over. Carefully remove the foil from the bottom, and turn it back over.
Old 02-15-2008, 05:38 AM   #80
Executive Chef

I'm baking for my boy today! First, I'm making his favorite Blueberry Oatmeal Muffins (he loves these for when he takes all his meds)

Then I'm making Lemon Bars...his Valentines day sweets! I'm soooo excited because I haven't made them in well over a year!

Tags
rye bread