What are you baking today?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I baked some Chocolate chip cookies for a party and I deceied to keep them for myself.

I did bring meatballs and Quacamole.

related story: I made the quac at the request of the host, she said a freind of ours loved quac and would love it.

well not such a great freind i guess but the host kept the quac hidden in the fridge for her self and ate it the next day. hahah make me laugh. BTW there was nothing for it to really go with.

Okay, taking it one step at a time here. I am about to put some of my Mom's Scottish Shortbread in the oven. With hubby home sick I am not getting as much done as I had hoped so I am going to not put a huge load of expectations on my shoulders as far as baking goes!

Well between yesterday and today I've baked:
4 dz. snowballs
3 dz. pecan tassies
4 dz. sugar cookies
3 dz. thumbprint cookies
3 dz. pretzel/rolo candies

I'm not sure if I'll bake anything else or not. I may have to make more snowballs cuz they're dh's favorite and he's been eating them.

Barb

Today was a banner day!

8 dozen peanut clusters (it might have been more if DH hadn't gotten more chocolate on himself than the candies!!!)
4 dozen buckeye bars
1 1/2 pounds of chocolate fudge with cranberries and pecans
1 batch almond roca
dough for 3 batches of cookies for tomorrow

I think I found my mojo, gumption, Christmas Spirit!!!!!!

Today I am baking oatmeal carmelitas, sugar cookies, getting my yeast dough going for tomorrow's rolls and macaroni and cheese among other things (I long list of "other things").

Sandwich rolls for pulled pork sammies tonight and a pumpernickel for tomorrow's spinach dip. Later will be Challah bread for Christmas day.

I'm doing maple cookies today. I used the last of my maple sugar on them (oh how I loved that stuff!) And I have to make another batch of brown sugar shortbread as the piggies in the house have eaten almost all of it. I'd give the link to the maple cookies too but I can't find it darn it all! Sorry!

Cheese Straws. This is a very old family recipe for a crisp little pastry made with old cheddar and cut in long thin sticks. They are time consuming but oh so good! Good smells in the house already!

thinking about that linzer torte, but probably not today. dh just left to visit his mom and brothers in TN so I get to chill out a few days, and get the freezer restocked on bread products. He left with a dozen ww dinner rolls and lotsa carrots, he hates to rely on fast food when traveling... so a torte is on the horizon, some ww dinner rolls, ww sliced bread and I really should make my first NYTimes bread of this season.....and I am savoring the last of the sour cream coffee cake, don't know why this one turned out so tasty...may make another one...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom