What are you baking today?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm baking another quiche!!! I'm using chorizo (yet another ingredient I have not tried) and mushrooms in this one.

was gonna make thin and crispy chocolate chip cookies. mixed up dough and no choco chips. so put butterscotch chips in, good but i really wanted to do the chocolate. also used splenda reg. and brown. can't tell any difference from sugar, except maybe a little less volume.

I'm making a loaf of NYT bread. It's actually in the oven for the first 30 minutes covered. I added dates, almonds and raisins. It sure smells good!!!

Barb

Bagels, a bazillion of them, for the bazillionth time!

Aside from that, I just put together a "poolish starter" for baguettes. I'll bake that tomorrow for dinner.
I have a subscription to Cuisine at Home and the directions and pics look so helpful, I figured I'd give it a try, I've always wanted to give crusty french bread a try.
Update tomorrow!!!
:)

Yep, PattY1. I made these over the weekend. Fabulous. I made them up to the point of the last rise. Only baked a few for Sunday breakfast. They were delicious. Froze the rest before ready to bake. Put them up in 4-roll packs.

Your post yesterday is where I got the link and great idea!!!!!!!! Thanks:chef: I went ahead and baked them all. I just gave some to my landlord and her hubby. I will take some to my mother tomorrow. Share with a few select co-workers tomorrow also. I may freeze the rest. Did you read my post about the extract I used? "Princess Cake Flavor". Yummy. Tastes just like bakery goods!

I don't remember your post about the flavoring. I used my homemade vanilla. Delish!

The yeast dough for these rolls is some of the nicest I've worked with in a long while.

I posted in yesterdays dinner thread where you posted the link. I used that flavoring because I had bought it and had yet a chance to use it, otherwise I would have used vanilla. Working with the dough was a dream, I have a bread machine. Check out my reply from yesterday. I have plans on changing up the flavor of this recipe. It has sooo many possibilities. And I love to invent.

I just read your post in last night's dinner thread. Yep, lots of possibilities. King Arthur is going to be the death of me. Every time I get their catalogue I drool.:LOL: I used my bread machine, too. Wonderful, wonderful dough. I didn't even ice mine. Just slathered them with butter while still warm. I was a real piggy.:pig::pig: Buck would have loved them.

I just read your post in last night's dinner thread. Yep, lots of possibilities. King Arthur is going to be the death of me. Every time I get their catalogue I drool.:LOL: I used my bread machine, too. Wonderful, wonderful dough. I didn't even ice mine. Just slathered them with butter while still warm. I was a real piggy.:pig::pig: Buck would have loved them.

Have you gone online and checked out the recipes???

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom