"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > General Cooking Information > Menu Planning > Today's Menu
Closed Thread

Old 07-24-2008, 08:59 PM   #851
Head Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by MexicoKaren View Post
Lighting the oven is a little trickier, Babe - there is a hole about the size of a dime where I can stick a match through and light my oven manually. A little dicey.

Do you have a broiler on the bottom? If you do, open that up and ( get on your knees,lol) light it from there.

Old 07-24-2008, 09:20 PM   #852
Executive Chef

Send a message via Yahoo to Dina
Banana bread with caramel sauce and almonds.

Old 07-24-2008, 09:29 PM   #853
Cook

2 loaves of cinnamon raisin bread, 2 loaves of cinnamon bread with mixed dried fruit, 2 dozen assorted muffins ( from mixes), 2 pans of shortbread, one plain and one chocolate simply to try out 2 new pans and 2 pressure cooker batches of porcupine meatballs. Meatballs and muffins were for daughter's family and 2 loaves of bread for a neighbor. Pretty hot to be in Florida and bake and cook all day, but jumped in the pool when it was all done!
Old 07-24-2008, 09:39 PM   #854
Executive Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by granniero View Post
2 loaves of cinnamon raisin bread, 2 loaves of cinnamon bread with mixed dried fruit, 2 dozen assorted muffins ( from mixes), 2 pans of shortbread, one plain and one chocolate simply to try out 2 new pans and 2 pressure cooker batches of porcupine meatballs. Meatballs and muffins were for daughter's family and 2 loaves of bread for a neighbor. Pretty hot to be in Florida and bake and cook all day, but jumped in the pool when it was all done!
You must have been very busy. And I am so jealous you have a pool. What a great reward. All my life I have wished for my very own swimming pool.
Old 07-25-2008, 10:24 AM   #855
Everymom

Finishing the chocolate raspberry cake I started yesterday! I'll post a pic if it looks good.
Old 07-25-2008, 10:34 AM   #856
Executive Chef

tomorrow I am meeting up with two cousins in Indiana and I am taking a Devils Food cake with carmel icing, made from a recipe of our great grandmother....maybe some more baking later on...
Old 07-25-2008, 12:18 PM   #857
Head Chef

Headed out today in search of an electric pasta machine and ravioli mold to form them. Will experiment with it tonight using semolina flour. DD's birthday is coming up and she requested cheese ravioli (BOOOOORRRRRING!) So, I will be making those for her and DW, then making meat ravioli, spinach ravioli and crab with shrimp ravioli for me and her boyfriend. I've never made them before, but after 45 minutes of research online last night, I don't see any problem with cranking out some super raviolis. I'll mix the dough in my KitchenAid (see video) instead of by hand, then run it through the new machine. Plus, I will make Emeril's Italian bread recipe as well.

JoeV
Old 07-25-2008, 12:24 PM   #858
Certified Cake Maniac

cupcakes, cupcakes.....and more cupcakes. I am putting together a cupcake wedding tree for next Saturday with 160 cupcakes in 5 flavours (plain, carrot, capuccino, banana and chocolate) with a top cake of banana and chocolate layers.

http://beinglydia.com
Old 07-25-2008, 12:25 PM   #859
Head Chef

Yummo!!!!!!!
Old 07-25-2008, 12:28 PM   #860
Sous Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by LPBeier View Post
cupcakes, cupcakes.....and more cupcakes. I am putting together a cupcake wedding tree for next Saturday with 160 cupcakes in 5 flavours (plain, carrot, capuccino, banana and chocolate) with a top cake of banana and chocolate layers.
What a nice idea. Who doesn't love cupcakes? We have a couple of those trendy cupcake-boutiques around here now. Not impressed with the most popular one... concepts are far better than nfinished product. I had pancake-flavored cupcake with maple frosting and a slice of bacon on top! Sounded glorious but tasted stale and sugary. Your cupcakes sound much safer and yummier! Take a pic, please?

Tonight I will make my zucchini cake... still not sure what I'll end up with!

Tags
rye bread