What are you baking today?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
aawwww and indeed I did;)

I've got some chocolate chip cookies cockaigne from Joy of Cooking in the oven right now. The recipe calls for 1 2/3 cups all purpose flour and I use 1 7/8 cups whole wheat pastry flour, to ease my conscience:rolleyes:

A nice warm loaf of ...
img_794420_0_00cb0b4515e8afb503a521e86fec902e.jpg

Made some more gluten free muffins for DH. These ones are cranberry applesauce with whole cranberries, not dried ones. Very good.

I made a Coconut Cream Pound Cake. I am trying to tweak it to add to my flavours for wedding and specialty cakes. It's getting there. It must be good because while DH was stuffing his face he told me I should probably make one more to get it perfect! :pig:

haven't baked since last week. however some bananas need to be used so either muffins or bread tomorrow. gonna add dried cranberries.

got this made, sugarless, half splenda white and half splenda brown. added the berries and baked in the little tiny loaf pans just for fun. very tasty. i thought it could have used more banana. i like them really moist. have done the sugarless before and with more bananas they are really moist. gonna freeze some. :chef:

Okay, okay everyone don't panic - form an orderly line and take a few deep breaths. Now that you are calm, here's the link:
Coconut Cream Poundcake
I am still tweaking so I won't reveal my changes, but a tip is that the first time I made it the outside cooked too fast and by the time the centre was done the outside was quite dark. I lowered the temperature to 315 and baked the cake for the full 1 hour 20 minutes and it was great.​

Last edited:
My mother's recipe for peanut butter cookies, which my family thinks are the best:

MOM’S PEANUT BUTTER COOKIES

Mix:
½ cup shortening (Crisco)
¾ cup white sugar
½ cup brown sugar
¾ cup peanut butter
1 egg

Sift & Add:
1 cup sifted flour
½ teaspoon baking powder
¾ teaspoon baking soda
¼ teaspoon salt