What are you baking today?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Haha, Atta boy Dave....can't bake for yourself so you fill your need by baking for the dog! I had a Three Dog Bakery recipe for muffins that my old Cocker loved but I misplaced it. As I go through all the storage boxes I hope I come across it. If so I will share - hopefully my current two pooches will like them too.

When you find the recipes, Laurie, I'd love them, too. I know a wonderful doggie named Molly who would love them.

White Bread...ala Artisan Bread in Five Minutes a Day by Jeff Hertzberg and Zoe Francois. This is the basic Master Recipe. I made two loaves Saturday and was happy with the results. My main problem of the moment is finding something around the house to use for a peel. I used the bottom of a broiler pan Saturday, as it is the slickest surface I could find, but I still had a hard time getting the loaves onto the baking sheet. They rolled off the pan and landed upsided down and I had to flip them over:ermm: Oh well, the bread still turned out great!

hey, Dave. I'm Ellie and I had problems pretty much like yours about a
year ago. I was 50 lbs overweight (left over from my son, who is now
almost 3) and was heading into something called 'metabolic syndrome'
because my metabolism sucked. so my doc cut sugar, flour, fats from
my diet and I thought I would crash into a major depression! and being
a student of the baking as I am it made it extra hard. like many women
I am a total carb FREAK! but I took off 30 lbs, still counting, and
everything went back to normal. all the pre-diabetes, hypertension
and associated "conditions associated with obesity", as they so nicely
put it, resolved themselves. I did radically alter my diet, but at this
point I am allowed to enjoy my carbs in moderation, of course, and
not have any problems. it's hard, and I know it is, but if you just put
your mind to it and keep telling yourself it isn't forever, you'll do fine.
and during the times I got really irritated with it all I just went and
took a good walk. I know this all sounds really generic, but the thing
is, it works. good luck. I'll be pulling for you. as you said, "this too
shall pass"!!

Tonight I baked a luscious dark chocolate cake with a nice, fluffy texture. Dark chocolate icing on top.

I have been busy this morning making baklava and kadayif for a family get together. I will be posting them on my blog next week, after a busy weekend. They are very nice but very rich. I enjoy making them for a special occasions though.

I haven't baked anything for a while; my last effort was Laurie's Coconut cream pound cake. Most excellent! Then my doctor gave me heck and put me on a very restricted diet - no goodies, not even any bread. Boo ho. So I think I'll start baking for some of the old folks in the 'hood. Just to keep busy. And for the kids where I used to work. Sticky buns, yeah!

I am making chocolate chip cookies, but they have toasted almonds and cinnamon in them to make them a little different. I also decided to add a 1/4 a tsp of ancho chilli powder to them. I just have to bake them latter, but the cookie dough tasted delicous.

I am with you katie E, I need to watch myself. I eat way too much when baked goods are around. I mean a couple of days ago someone made biscuits at school and I ate about 8 or 9, which is a lot, but I cannot control myself.

I just made some oatmeal-raisin-nut cookies using the recipe on the Quaker Oats box. WOW!! Are they good. The recipe didn't ask for nuts, but I like nuts so I added about 1/2 cup. Yum. I'm going to have to control myself.

I'm baking oatmeal-raisin cookies, too - using the recipe on the Quaker Oats box! They are yummy!!

making a Sherry wine cake for tomorrow..Now to decide about a toppin..It's in a bundt pan so I'm thinking, either powdered sugar, a glaze or maybe coffee whipped cream...Hummm
kadesma

I made gluten free banana flaxseed muffins for DH, diabetic banana muffins for my Dad, and am trying to get the energy to make myself some oatmeal muffins.

I also just got a job catering a ladies tea on April 3rd, making muffins and loaves for 100. So I am trying to figure out quantities and varieties. Thinking of lemon, banana, and zucchini/pineapple breads with cranberry/orange, blueberry, and oatmeal raisin muffins. Anyone have any thoughts?

I made gluten free banana flaxseed muffins for DH, diabetic banana muffins for my Dad, and am trying to get the energy to make myself some oatmeal muffins.

I also just got a job catering a ladies tea on April 3rd, making muffins and loaves for 100. So I am trying to figure out quantities and varieties. Thinking of lemon, banana, and zucchini/pineapple breads with cranberry/orange, blueberry, and oatmeal raisin muffins. Anyone have any thoughts?
Laurie, like your choices..I do have one that we love, it's a pear bread, moist, not super sweet and it stays moist. If you are interested I'll pm you with it
kades

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom