What are you baking today?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Chocolate raspberry torte for Ken's birthday dinner. (It was yesterday but we couldn't have dinner together then)

Just about ready to put together two blackberry pies for Glenn's birthday. He didn't want cake. Asked for blackberry pie. The pastry is chilling and the berries came from our vines. Should be yummmy. He's looking forward to digging in.

Thanks Jessica! I made some honey wheat hamburger buns this morning.

Attachments

• hamburgerbuns.jpg
    hamburgerbuns.jpg
    92 KB · Views: 184
Tonight I made Cook's Illustrated's Dark Chocolate Cupcakes with a little extra liquid in the batter. Frosted them with a dark chocolate ganache. Delicious!

Tonight I made Cook's Illustrated's Dark Chocolate Cupcakes with a little extra liquid in the batter. Frosted them with a dark chocolate ganache. Delicious!

DIL's birthday is coming up - faves are peanut butter & chocolate. I'd like to do chocolate cupcakes with a topping of peanut butter frosting, drizzled or covered with chocolate ganache. Would you care to share your ganache recipe? TIA.

Brownies for the 4th.

I also made some butter cookies that were piped using pastry tubes. This was a first for me and not the best result. The taste, texture etc were fine but, they were very difficult to pipe. I am not sure if I should cut back on the flour or add another egg or just start pumping iron. If anyone has a TNT recipe for a piped wedding style cookie I would appreciate it.
Thanks B

DIL's birthday is coming up - faves are peanut butter & chocolate. I'd like to do chocolate cupcakes with a topping of peanut butter frosting, drizzled or covered with chocolate ganache. Would you care to share your ganache recipe? TIA.

I have a few favorite ganache recipes. Here's the one I used for the cupcakes - it's from Scharffen Berger. I used Ghirardelli semi-sweet chocolate and added a touch of vanilla extract. I chilled it while making the cupcakes, and the consistency was perfect:
SCHARFFEN BERGER -- Favorite Recipes: DEEP CHOCOLATE GLAZE OR GANACHE

While en route to Maine last week I picked up FN magazine in the airport and Paula Deen had a recipe for blackberry pie, looked really good. I was at the Farmer's Market today and there were blackberries everywhere, I think that I was meant to make a pie, LOL. I didn't do the lattice, got lazy.

blackberry%252520pie%2525202.jpg

That's a beautiful pie Bakechef!

I just took some sub rolls out of the oven for meatball subs tonight.

Attachments

• sub-rolls.jpg
    sub-rolls.jpg
    49.2 KB · Views: 165
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom