What are you baking today?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I was thinking maybe strawberry shortcake.

img_1021796_0_4cbb2907689d47fdd084c4cecbfa7dcb.jpg
Just need to add the whipped cream

Last edited:
right now am going to bake milk chocolate brownies. i was all set for cake. then my daughter called. she's sick so we will aim for wed. for birthday. since i can't eat the cake, then brownies will have to do. i think i can handle it. lol

Josh's CCC Recpie

225g sugar
225g brown sugar
8oz/1 cup of butter
2 eggs
1 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
1 tablespoon white vinegar

500g flour
1 teaspoon baking soda
1/4 teaspoon salt

170g/6oz chopped walnuts
340g/12oz semi-sweet chocolate chips

Place sugar, brown sugar, butter, eggs, vanilla and vinegar in large bowl. Beat until smooth.

Add flour, baking soda, and salt. Beat until blended. Add chocolate chips and walnuts, beat until combined.

Store in the fridge for at least 4 hours.

Preheat oven to 375ºF

Drop by rounded teaspoonfuls onto parchment paper'ed baking sheets, about 2 inches apart. Bake at 375ºF for 10 to 12 minutes. Remove from baking sheets immediately and cool on wire racks.

yesterday i baked oatmeal muffins with golden raisins. yummy. oven only on for short while but sure heated up the house. i found this recipe in penzys catalog. only changed by using splenda brown instead of the sugar that was called for. i had two this am for breakfast with strawberry jam and coffee. good breakfast.

babetoo said:
yesterday i baked oatmeal muffins with golden raisins. yummy. oven only on for short while but sure heated up the house. i found this recipe in penzys catalog. only changed by using splenda brown instead of the sugar that was called for. i had two this am for breakfast with strawberry jam and coffee. good breakfast.

Mmmm. Love golden raisins. Will have to look up the recipe for the muffins, Babe.

We bake 14 loaves of made from scratch honey wheat bread at work, daily...does that count?

I just got my Penzeys Catalog and was reading the recipes. I came across this one and had to search back and see if it was the same one you talked about. I will have to try it.

Okay, here is my week long project! I help out every year coordinating daily snacks for our Kid's Day Camp at our church. Three days it is cookies (we are usually short and this year, even though we had 120 - 150 kids per day we had enough homemade and store bought cookies for another two weeks. Wednesday is always freezie day with a snack bag of some kind.

Friday is the "special snack" and my team and I seem to set the bar a little higher every year. I am mentoring a young teem who is very artistic and so she did all of the faces on these. I did all the baking (280 even though we only needed 200 for kids and volunteers....extras just in case and that's what my batters produced!)

The theme was "Pandamania" and the cupcakes held the theme through out.
- black papers with white polka dots
- vanilla cake with chocolate chips
- well, panda faces!
The kids loved them and so did the adults!
I can't wait for next year's theme!:chef:

Attachments

• PandamaniaCake1.jpg
    PandamaniaCake1.jpg
    220.7 KB · Views: 158
  • PandamaniaCake2.jpg
    PandamaniaCake2.jpg
    146.9 KB · Views: 155
  • PandamaniaCake3.jpg
    PandamaniaCake3.jpg
    180 KB · Views: 172
Okay, here is my week long project! I help out every year coordinating daily snacks for our Kid's Day Camp at our church. Three days it is cookies (we are usually short and this year, even though we had 120 - 150 kids per day we had enough homemade and store bought cookies for another two weeks. Wednesday is always freezie day with a snack bag of some kind.

Friday is the "special snack" and my team and I seem to set the bar a little higher every year. I am mentoring a young teem who is very artistic and so she did all of the faces on these. I did all the baking (280 even though we only needed 200 for kids and volunteers....extras just in case and that's what my batters produced!)

- black papers with white polka dots
- vanilla cake with chocolate chips
- well, panda faces!

Those are great!!!!

Thanks, Princess! We always have a blast making the snacks. This is the first time I have brought in the cake decorating thing, but it just sort of fit!

Making them must have been Pandamonium!:ermm:

Did you have dreams about being attacked by sticky bears!

They are very lucky children!

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks, Aunt Bea! I am the lucky one to be able to have this much fun - and have a great team who take my projects in stride even if they seem at the beginning of the week as being unattainable!:rolleyes:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom