What are you baking today?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Sour rye bread with caraway and a crusty bark
Lousy cell phone (MOT W755) pic:

Attachments

• Ryebreadg.jpg
    Ryebreadg.jpg
    35.9 KB · Views: 150
Last edited:
Easter Meat pie

img_1127342_0_8fc874b484a802bc56b80c0ee7af7948.jpg

img_1127342_1_7e24083e385aeee5612c196fa49d783e.jpg

Cheesecake (will be topped with cherries when served)

img_1127342_2_a02b5b4069f8b097c30f058f40c071c4.jpg

Easter Meat pie

img_1127343_0_8fc874b484a802bc56b80c0ee7af7948.jpg

img_1127343_1_7e24083e385aeee5612c196fa49d783e.jpg

Cheesecake (will be topped with cherries when served)

img_1127343_2_a02b5b4069f8b097c30f058f40c071c4.jpg

I am coming for dinner. It is too late this year, but I need to get back in the kitchen whether I am eating or not and start baking again. That meat pie looks so good. Nice and full and not a lot of crust. But even the crust looks delicious.

I am coming for dinner. It is too late this year, but I need to get back in the kitchen whether I am eating or not and start baking again. That meat pie looks so good. Nice and full and not a lot of crust. But even the crust looks delicious.
Thank you Addie

No wheat pie?
No wheat pie OR sweet pie this year. My recipes are for a 4 pie yield EACH. In the past aunt's and mom tried to half the recipes and they just don't come out properly. First I am type 2 second I have no room for an additional 8 pies. LOL Family are scattered or passed and no friends to give to. So sadly that is a tradition that has been left by the wayside :(

No wheat pie OR sweet pie this year. My recipes are for a 4 pie yield EACH. In the past aunt's and mom tried to half the recipes and they just don't come out properly. First I am type 2 second I have no room for an additional 8 pies. LOL Family are scattered or passed and no friends to give to. So sadly that is a tradition that has been left by the wayside :(
That's indeed sad.

Nice post.

I baked Melanzane di Lecce, baked eggplant Apulian style for a side Easter lunch and last night, Almond Biscotti for today´s dessert with espresso or cappucchino.

Happy Holidays.
Margi.

The Easter Pie looks quite lovely too ...

Margi. ( thanx for posting the photos )
Thank you Margi. I don't make Pizzagaina every year. I was missing Mom so I made one this year. I need to keep the Pizzagaina Easter morning breakfast tradition at least every other year.

I just put a loaf of whole wheat bread into the oven. I read in an old cookbook that most people will think a loaf of bread is rye if it contains caraway seeds. I worked some caraway and dill seeds along with some dehydrated onion flakes into this loaf to see if that might be true. It smells great, we'll see!

I'm waiting for the butter to come to room temperature so I can make the Lemon Lady's lemon cake. Mmmm, mmmm good!

Buongiorno,

We are going to be sharing the baking of Calzones for Saturday Lunch ...
The filling: (1) eggplant parmigiana with globs of melted Italian cheeses in a calzone and Number (2) is a local Apulian called in English Rustic Green & White, and it is made with Spring Onion, Broccoli, Garlic, Olives, Anchovies ...

Margi.

I absolutely love eggplant parmigiana, those both sound amazing!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom