What are you baking today?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks! I brushed the layers with a sugar syrup, spiked with Kahlua. I wouldn't want to even guess the amount of calories in that 10 pound cake! :LOL:

You sure do nice work! :yum:

I was sitting here drooling and dreaming about a peanut butter mousse filling but, I can live with Kahlua! :ermm::ohmy::LOL::ROFLMAO:

Just put a loaf of whole wheat and a loaf of cinnamon bread in the oven.

Last edited:
Here's the cake.

SG1L0121.JPG
Beautiful cake! Almost looks to pretty to eat. What is the chocolate running down the sides made of?

simonbaker said:
Beautiful cake! Almost looks to pretty to eat. What is the chocolate running down the sides made of?
Thanks!

It's just a simple ganache, I kind of eyeball the cream and chocolate until it looks right.

Very nicely done, Bakechef!

Today I made Alix's Lemon Bars. Sooo yummy. I'm still planning to make her Maple Walnut Cake -- I wanted to for Easter dessert but the chocolate cake fans outvoted me. Someday soon, though...:chef:

Two 14" pizza pies topped with sliced sweet Italian sausage, onion, mozzarella, chopped plum tomatoes, basil, minced garlic, hot red pepper flakes, oregano, parmigiano reggiano, and Locatelli pecorino romano,

Last edited:
Son #1 loves lemon. Lemon anything. I think if Teddy bear came in lemon flavor, he would be happy. Cake copied and saved. I do believe you have just gotten me out of my malaise and into the kitchen to start baking again. Lemon cake it is!!:chef:

Son #1 loves lemon. Lemon anything. I think if Teddy bear came in lemon flavor, he would be happy. Cake copied and saved. I do believe you have just gotten me out of my malaise and into the kitchen to start baking again. Lemon cake it is!!:chef:

This lemon cake will knock your socks off!:)

I tried my hand at bread today. a quick bread used some sugar and eggs,chives,some slivered almonds that i toasted. flour, baking powder extra baking powder for each cup addition (chives,chopped olives, almonds,) it's very good, light fluffy. Next one will be walnuts,and chocolate chips what's left will be toast tomorrow.Then I want to move on to a bread I'll have to knead, maybe on to fill the covered tin with lid.I have.
kades

You should try the Lemon Cake by Alix, too. Double Yum!

The Lemon Cake recipe is already in my list of to-do desserts. But I don't see how it could surpass these lemon bars. Have a pity party for me -- my kids are dieting so I have to eat that whole panful all by myself. :(

Today's baking will be a sack of cookies for my diet-ridden son to take to work with him tomorrow for his birthday. He turned down the offer of a cake. Rats! No Maple Nut Cake yet. I just have to decide whether to make oatmeal or good ol' choc chips. He says those guys just inhale goodies so it doesn't matter. Pearls before swine? :pig::)

Well, I already regret the thing about pearls & swine. Those are really a great bunch of guys, who, after all, give me an outlet for my baking habit and are very appreciative. So, I take it back.

Today I will bake some flourless peanut butter cookies....such an interesting texture! and they taste great.
The recipe was posted here not too long ago. I believe it was from one of our male members.
Much thanks to whomever you are!

Last edited:
I made a half batch of Vanishing Oatmeal cookies with chocolate chips and walnuts. They taste great but, I am not pleased about the way they spread, I miss my Crisco!

These Neopolitan Cake Bars with 3 layers: the typical chocolate, vanilla, & strawberry in that order from bottom up. 3 ingredients: 3 boxes cake mix, 3 sticks of butter, 3 eggs.Got the recipe from a good friend, but not sure where it originated. I know these don't REALLY Qualify for actual cooking or baking but sometimes I want something sweet & I don't have time for long & involved. Today's that kind of day. Delish.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom