What are you baking today?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I baked a 10" deep dish pie crust in a glass pie plate. Then, filled it with homemade sour cream raisin filling. Plans to put merenge on it tomorrow morning.

Addie said:
Only if it is chocolate frosting. And then very little. The taste and flavor is in the brownie. Don't kill it with too much frosting.:chef:

OK, the frosting thing did not happen. They cut them before I got to them. They were good without it anyway!

I'm making a cake for a friend. I had to make it before I left for vacation on Wednesday, and they don't need it until friday. I used the Hershey's Perfectly Chocolate Cake, so It should stay moist, I used simple syrup on each layer for insurance.

I made a 4 layer (2 layers torted) chocolate cake with alternating layers of whipped milk chocolate ganache, and a dolce de leche buttercream. I enrobed the whole thing in a dark chocolate ganache. I'll decorate it tomorrow after work.

I'm making a cake for a friend. I had to make it before I left for vacation on Wednesday, and they don't need it until friday. I used the Hershey's Perfectly Chocolate Cake, so It should stay moist, I used simple syrup on each layer for insurance.

I made a 4 layer (2 layers torted) chocolate cake with alternating layers of whipped milk chocolate ganache, and a dolce de leche buttercream. I enrobed the whole thing in a dark chocolate ganache. I'll decorate it tomorrow after work.

It sounds perfect!

Didn't come out the way that I wanted, I usually use crisco (about the only thing that I'll use it for) for the buttercream for the roses, forgot to buy some so just used my organic palm oil shortening which isn't great for making flowers, hard to get a completely smooth icing with it, but oh well! He loved it. He just asked for a chocolate cake and to incorporate some caramel in it somewhere, I don't think that he expected something enrobed in ganache and decorated, so he really liked it. I usually don't do decorated cakes from home for money, I'll drive myself nuts trying for perfection. I'd much rather do elaborate desserts than birthday cakes.

SG1L0148.JPG

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom