What are you baking today?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I woke up this morning with somewhat manageable pain, so I decided to bake some loaf bread. Two loaves are about ready to go into the oven and I have the ingredients ready for two loaves of French bread. I won't be doing much of this after next week's hand surgery, so I'm taking advantage of today's livable pain level.

I woke up this morning with somewhat manageable pain, so I decided to bake some loaf bread. Two loaves are about ready to go into the oven and I have the ingredients ready for two loaves of French bread. I won't be doing much of this after next week's hand surgery, so I'm taking advantage of today's livable pain level.

I am so glad your pain is manageable today Katie, I totally understand how important that is. {{{{{{{{{{Katie}}}}}}}}}}

What am I baking today? Absolutely nothing! :)

I am taking a break after this past week:
-14 dozen cupcakes (with large batches of frosting and fondant)
- two rhubarb loaves
- ginger cupcakes (delicious!)
- lemonade slice (not my favourite)
- cranberry squares
- gluten free banana blondies

:chef:

In anticipation of being "down for the count" in a few days, I made two more loaves of French bread this morning and have 2 dozen zucchini cupcakes in the oven.

Glenn just fell in love with them and since our little container garden is blessing us with plenty zucchini I thought they would be a good choice. That many cupcakes will last us, with any luck, quite a few days after my surgery. By then, I hope, I'll at least feel good enough to dabble a little in the kitchen

I made a 4 layered 'Bee' cake for a girlfriend on the weekend and tonight I attempted to make a sponge... Sponge looks like it worked but I've not decorated it yet. Here is a pic of my 'Bee' cake :)

image-737612714.jpg

I also made a pound cake and decorated it :)

image-1268280198.jpg

Mrs_Krock said:
I made a 4 layered 'Bee' cake for a girlfriend on the weekend and tonight I attempted to make a sponge... Sponge looks like it worked but I've not decorated it yet. Here is a pic of my 'Bee' cake :)

I also made a pound cake and decorated it :)

That's adorable!

Well I don't have that kind of talent but. I do have a sweet tooth with Gall bladder problems. So to quench that & keep the fat down I sliced some marshmallows (4 slices each) and topped graham crackers with the slices then broiled until browned and puffy. Spread a thin layer of Tj's cookie butter on a few more graham crackers for the tops to my almost smores. The whole plate had 7 grams of fat. Not in the habit of counting lately but my gallbladder reminded me this morning at 3 a.m. feel like I should I be typing "I will not cheat on my gall bladder." 500 times.

Thanks for all the encouragement! Here is todays creation, in spirit of the Olympic Games... Go Australia :)

image-2230219759.jpg

Very Nice...go best athletes!

I know, I'm a lousy cheerleader, but I'm happiest with whoever has done their best!

And that cake certainly qualifies!

I made a couple of recipes from a new cookbook. It is from a famous truck stop outside of Bangor Maine called Dysart's, I made their oatmeal bread recipe with molasses, and pumpkin pancakes, both winners!

We went there and I had an awesome slice of bumbleberry pie (raspberry and wild Maine blueberries).

I'm baking Cook's Illustrated's Dark Chocolate Cupcakes again. They're excellent. I always add a few Tbsp boiling water mixed with a little espresso for more moisture - plus, the espresso deepens the chocolate taste. I frost them with a dark chocolate ganache.

I'm baking Cook's Illustrated's Dark Chocolate Cupcakes again. They're excellent. I always add a few Tbsp boiling water mixed with a little espresso for more moisture - plus, the espresso deepens the chocolate taste. I frost them with a dark chocolate ganache.

They sound really tasty Merstar YUM!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom