What are you baking today?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
That looks brilliant Kel, well done...I love it :)

Thanks Kyles!

I made these today: Vanilla cupcakes with homemade raspberry jam filling and a whipped cream icing infused with raspberries :)

530043_206300672833106_853881009_n.jpg

Lunch Sunday 29th - Margaux

A casual Lunch for two ... Pork and calves liver Terrine ... Recipe in Pork Section ...

Attachments

• terrine country homemade.jpg
    terrine country homemade.jpg
    49.2 KB · Views: 126
Last edited:
I wasn't going to bake today, but have everything for this Swiss Chard tart (I've made it several times before--using homemade pastry, wholewheat pastry, and puff pastry). I think I'll just make basic pastry today:

Recipe Details

I wasn't going to bake today, but have everything for this Swiss Chard tart (I've made it several times before--using homemade pastry, wholewheat pastry, and puff pastry). I think I'll just make basic pastry today:

Recipe Details
I went with a pastry of 1-1/4 c AP flour, 1/4 c chickpea flour, ice water, 1 T apple cider vinegar, grated pepper, garlic powder, and about 1/8 c grated parm. cheese. For "fat" I used 1/4 c Crisco, 1/4 c lard. I put one crust in a spring-form pan, the other in a pie shell. I'm blind-baking them for about 7 minutes now, and will fill them after that. I decided to add some crumbled bacon this time to the tart.

I went with a pastry of 1-1/4 c AP flour, 1/4 c chickpea flour, ice water, 1 T apple cider vinegar, grated pepper, garlic powder, and about 1/8 c grated parm. cheese. For "fat" I used 1/4 c Crisco, 1/4 c lard. I put one crust in a spring-form pan, the other in a pie shell. I'm blind-baking them for about 7 minutes now, and will fill them after that. I decided to add some crumbled bacon this time to the tart.
Here's one of two (I doubled the recipe, used Greek yogurt instead of ricotta, added 3 slices bacon, crumbled, to the egg-swiss chard mixture, topped the "tart" with crumbled bacon [1 slice] and more grated sharp white cheddar cheese). Quite tasty. The crust is light and flaky. The bottom of the tart (at least the one in the springform pan) comes away clean and is not soggy.

Attachments

• tart 001.jpg
    tart 001.jpg
    75.5 KB · Views: 129
No occasion CWS4322 I just love to bake! I don't actually eat much of what I bake, so I give it away or take it to work for everyone to enjoy! I just love making cakes and cupcakes :) Weird I know lol

Here's one of two (I doubled the recipe, used Greek yogurt instead of ricotta, added 3 slices bacon, crumbled, to the egg-swiss chard mixture, topped the "tart" with crumbled bacon [1 slice] and more grated sharp white cheddar cheese). Quite tasty. The crust is light and flaky. The bottom of the tart (at least the one in the springform pan) comes away clean and is not soggy.

That looks amazing CWS :yum:

That looks amazing CWS :yum:
Thanks! It was quite easy to make. I ended up using 2 lb of cleaned Swiss Chard (wasn't sure if the weight in the recipe was before or after the ribs were removed). I was pleased with the crust. It did take me four hours because I got interrupted--had to do some things with the chickens (one escaped--had to go find her), the DH arrived and wanted to replace some torn screens, so I had to find the stuff for him, etc. But I finally did pull them out of the oven around 4:00 p.m. (started around 12:30 p.m.).

That tart looks fantastic, CWS!
I'm gonna try them in the mini-piemaker next weekend (I have to run to NY to restock my cheese drawer and pick up a couple of things). And, of course, I'll have more chard to process. I love chard...but...there seems to be an abundance of chard this year. We replanted after the hens rearranged the seeds, so we ended up with almost twice as much chard as we thought we planted.

Right now I have 6 HUGE blueberry cornbread muffins in the oven at 375F, and as soon as those are out I am reducing the temperature to 350F and baking a chocolate shortcake in my tiara pan for chocolate strawberry shortcake:

img_1167857_0_ecd7717eaf36a82e294e469c69c59a09.jpg

Whipped cream will be added as it is served.

That strawberry pie looks wonderful Sir LOB.

Was it me, or did someone mention mini pies???

I actually think I need to make some mini pies today!

right now i have 6 huge blueberry cornbread muffins in the oven at 375f, and as soon as those are out i am reducing the temperature to 350f and baking a chocolate shortcake in my tiara pan for chocolate strawberry shortcake:

img_1168051_0_e3bacd9fe9bfcef3de385ac965a6a8df.jpg

whipped cream will be added as it is served.

yummy!

I broke out the Breville pie maker. Both lemon and blueberry pies today.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom