What are you baking today?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I have bought Nestle White Choc Chips for my cookies :)

Looking forward to making them today, even more, tasting them :LOL:

Sounds good, Kylie. I like to use the Marcus Neimann recipe and use white chocolate and macadamia nuts (chopped, but not finely chopped). I have a friend who can't eat regular chocolate but can eat white, so I used to make these a lot to share with her. When not making them to share with her, I would add some dark chocolate chunks.

Thanks CWS :)

Yes, I too love the idea of macadamias in there too...but I have a recipe just for the choc chips this time...next time though I will try another recipe

I will search for Marcus's recipe too, thanks :)

I have an apple tart in the oven

FYI: if you put peeled apples in a rice cooker set to steam they will explode and form apple sauce and send it flying to every machine crevice imaginable ...

Haha

I made a fresh fruit salad yesterday morning, will eat its leftovers this morn with hot porridge...my hubby likes fruit salad raw, but I like mine cooked hot, so will microwave my portion before adding it to the cereal.

It contains: a large golden delicious apple, 2 small oranges, 1 dark purple plum, red grapes, halved, some fresh raspberries I couldn't resist in the produce aisle, but which are sour, a sprinkling of frozen blueberries. I add several dollops of real maple syrup (store-bought, extracted from maple trees) to sweeten. Hope to provide you with a pic when the porridge is about to be served. It's early now and I'm heading into the hot infrared sauna for a short spell to ease the arthritic pains. (20 mins per day seems to work!)

Whole-wheat pita bread. That's the baking part. I'm also making hummus to go with the pita and crudities. It is date night so the DH is doing the main course and I'm doing the appys. I might make another batch of the s'more cupcakes as well.

Oh, Andy, I LOVE Nieman Marcus cookies. Just too, too yummy.

On another note...the challah is in the oven. Or I should say Mt. Challah. Omigosh! This loaf rose beyond "rising." It's gorgeous.

While it's baking I've got two baguettes ready to form and get ready for the second rise. The timing should work out nicely so that there isn't too much lag time between bakings of each type of bread. The house sure smells good!!!

Oh, Andy, I LOVE Nieman Marcus cookies. Just too, too yummy.
I too love the NM cookies--sometimes it is pecans, other times macadamia nuts, other times almonds, other times hazelnuts. Just depends on what I have in the house...white chocolate chunks, dark chocolate, dark chocolate with cayenne...just depends. Can't remember when I didn't add something that is not part of the recipe...and it has worked every time. The only problem is they don't last very long. They get gobbled up right away. I also chill the dough and scoop it out as I go...I think it is time I try making vanilla NM cookie dough ice cream...if Ben and Jerry could make a cookie dough-ice cream, why can't I?

Last edited:
I made those Chocolate choclate cookies from "The Chew." right now they are in the freezer waiting to go into the oven. I was thinking on putting a half pecan on each one. I made the scoops and then froze them. Little balls of yummy just waiting to go in the oven. :angel:

I made those Chocolate choclate cookies from "The Chew." right now they are in the freezer waiting to go into the oven. I was thinking on putting a half pecan on each one. I made the scoops and then froze them. Little balls of yummy just waiting to go in the oven. :angel:

I took a few out of the freezer and dipped half in sea salt and baked the others without. The sea salt makes such a big difference. If regular table or kosher salt makes a big difference in anything chocolate, then sea salt makes the world go round. I have a salt cellar next to the stove. So I just took out a tablespoon and placed it on a paper towel to dip the frozen dough balls in. I baked them for about 11 minutes. The directions say 10-12 minutes. Perfection. More are going into the oven today. Here's hoping that some of them make it to my daughter's house. :angel:

chopper said:
I'm going to simonbaker's house for pie! It sounds delish!

SB's doing rhubarb again. I will meet you there, Chopper!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom