What are you baking today?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Before everyone came for Thanksgiving dinner my daughter (13) & I made an andes mint dessert. It was made in a springform pan. The bottom was a homemade brownie, the middle was cooked yolks folded into merenge & heavym cream with andes mints. After that cooled we topped it off with melted chocolate chips & cream, then finished off, garnished, with chopped andes mints. She was a wonderful helper & it was fun working together with her.

That sounds lovely SB, it must be nice baking with your daughter :)

It is also great to see that she loves baking :)

Pretzels
39817-albums888-picture5220.jpg

Looks wonderful! All these wonderful pictures of bakery makes we want to go & eat. I am pretty sure that I can smell it from here. I had better go to bed. G'nite.

My class baked "The Best Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Cookies" recipe from the Great Value brand oatmeal box yesterday. We had a lot of good discussion about whether "best" was fact or opinion and learned some new cooking terms like the difference between blend and stir. We followed the recipe carefully with the only change being a mix of chocolate chips & butterscotch chips because they couldn't agree on one. They came out dry & crunchy. I doubted that they were truly the "best" so I googled another oatmeal cookie recipe & found "World's Best Chewy Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Cookie" recipe. So today we had another fact/opinion lesson & made these cookies (chocolate & butterscotch chips for fair comparison). They learned how to "cream" butter & sugar & add "gradually". We then did a taste test & asked the office staff & a convenient delivery man to taste both cookies & vote for the best one. The chewy ones won the vote. We have a lot of cookies, but everyone participated & did some reading & math without realizing it. And the office staff are always happy to get samples.

My class baked "The Best Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Cookies" recipe from the Great Value brand oatmeal box yesterday. We had a lot of good discussion about whether "best" was fact or opinion and learned some new cooking terms like the difference between blend and stir. We followed the recipe carefully with the only change being a mix of chocolate chips & butterscotch chips because they couldn't agree on one. They came out dry & crunchy. I doubted that they were truly the "best" so I googled another oatmeal cookie recipe & found "World's Best Chewy Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Cookie" recipe. So today we had another fact/opinion lesson & made these cookies (chocolate & butterscotch chips for fair comparison). They learned how to "cream" butter & sugar & add "gradually". We then did a taste test & asked the office staff & a convenient delivery man to taste both cookies & vote for the best one. The chewy ones won the vote. We have a lot of cookies, but everyone participated & did some reading & math without realizing it. And the office staff are always happy to get samples.
Sounds like a fun day!

Today for me was a coconut cream pie in a butter pastry crust topped with heavy cream, whipped & toasted coconut.

This week I do not have the inspiration to bake dessert, so last night I made some cheddar balls. I do not particularly like them, but my DH fell in love!

Fun :)

This sounds like so much fun!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom