What are you baking today?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
SweetTeboho said:
Okay, that looks amazing. I have never broken away from southern american classic muffins, but I do want to try things like quiche and what you have done here. Do you mind sharing the recipe? :in_love:

Usually I do the sweet muffin thing also but I was in the mood to experiment. Yesterday made crab and corn muffins. They were good but not as good as the goat cheese muffins!

The recipe is on the Williams Sonoma website if you search for goat cheese muffins in the recipe section. I didn't have chickpea flour so used all purpose and it came out great anyway. I hope the website name stays last time I posted a blog I got a recipe from it was erased??

I suggest you make them I had two for brunch. Very yummy

Usually I do the sweet muffin thing also but I was in the mood to experiment. Yesterday made crab and corn muffins. They were good but not as good as the goat cheese muffins!

The recipe is on the Williams Sonoma website if you search for goat cheese muffins in the recipe section. I didn't have chickpea flour so used all purpose and it came out great anyway. I hope the website name stays last time I posted a blog I got a recipe from it was erased??

I suggest you make them I had two for brunch. Very yummy

I will look it up, thanks!!

I'm going for an easy dinner tonight because I am worn out from the day!

Pinto beans that I made in the crock pot, cornbread muffins, and oven roasted rosemary potatoes and onions. That is IT.

Pinto beans that I made in the crock pot, cornbread muffins, and oven roasted rosemary potatoes and onions. That is IT.

Welcome to DC. Is that avatar a pic of you with a medal around your neck? Care to tell us about that? :angel:

We are having our Christmas party on December 10th. We will be having the complete menu of KFC. Several folks have stated that they are getting sick of having Italian food at these functions. Me for one. I made up the notice today for the bulletin board.

So back to baking. I am seriously considering making several different types of cookies. Usually no one contributes to these functions in any manner. They think if they buy something from the store in a box, they have done their duty. I have two dashers. A small one and a large one. I will use the small one. That way the diabetics can have some without guilt. More cookies for everyone. Remember those Chocolate, Chocolate Sea Salt cookies from the Chew? Well, they are delicious. I made them, tossed them in the freezer and then when I was ready to bake them, I dipped them in sea salt. What a flavor blast that little dip gives them. I highly recommend you make them part of your holiday baking. So those will definitely will be on the list. PB is another favorite cookie here. And I suppose CC will have to make the list. I will have to go through my recipes and see what else is quick and easy.

Now on to my shopping list. :angel:

I didn't win anything, unless you count the diploma and tall hat. Lol! That's a pic taken at graduation from culinary school. It's a few years old but one of my favorite pictures (and memories!)

Annnnd, after I posted my dinner in this thread, I realized there was one for daily dinner. I'll get it right tomorrow. :)

I didn't win anything, unless you count the diploma and tall hat. Lol! That's a pic taken at graduation from culinary school. It's a few years old but one of my favorite pictures (and memories!)

Annnnd, after I posted my dinner in this thread, I realized there was one for daily dinner. I'll get it right tomorrow. :)

Not to worry. We are just glad to have you here. And welcome. :angel:

Chef Kat said:

Yum! I just live a good pot of most any beans, and you just can't beat corn muffins IMHO. the potatoes and onions sound great too! Welcome.

We are having our Christmas party on December 10th. We will be having the complete menu of KFC. Several folks have stated that they are getting sick of having Italian food at these functions. Me for one. I made up the notice today for the bulletin board.

So back to baking. I am seriously considering making several different types of cookies. Usually no one contributes to these functions in any manner. They think if they buy something from the store in a box, they have done their duty. I have two dashers. A small one and a large one. I will use the small one. That way the diabetics can have some without guilt. More cookies for everyone. Remember those Chocolate, Chocolate Sea Salt cookies from the Chew? Well, they are delicious. I made them, tossed them in the freezer and then when I was ready to bake them, I dipped them in sea salt. What a flavor blast that little dip gives them. I highly recommend you make them part of your holiday baking. So those will definitely will be on the list. PB is another favorite cookie here. And I suppose CC will have to make the list. I will have to go through my recipes and see what else is quick and easy.

Now on to my shopping list. :angel:
:angel:Addie dear the recipe for the cookies from the Chew or Where ever you got it. It sounds smashing and I know Cade and Ethan and Olivia will love to try them. PLEASE:angel::angel:
kades

I made a chestnut roll cake yesterday. My first time making chestnut purée - physically painful peeling all those chestnuts. although it did excite my half Swiss husband....

image-4068198502.jpg

Last edited:
Wow, I made those goat cheese and tomato muffins tonight! Awesomeness! They were a teeny bit bland at first taste so I mixed up some garlic butter and brushed it all over them, then put back in the oven for a minute. That did the trick. You have to check them out if you haven't!!

I'm in the mood for a focaccia bread kinda like the one they serve at Macaroni Grill. I think I'll start looking for a copycat recipe and bake some this afternoon.

Chef Kat said:
I'm in the mood for a focaccia bread kinda like the one they serve at Macaroni Grill. I think I'll start looking for a copycat recipe and bake some this afternoon.

Let me know if you find a good one. I never made focaccia

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom