What are you baking today?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I use only Natural Peanut Butter. All it has is salt in it. They do sell the unsalted kind, but every recipe for PB cookies I have seen, has never said to use that kind.

You do have to stir the peanut butter a long time to get all the oil on top mixed in thoroughly. When ever I buy a new jar, I put it on the shelf upside down. Then when I go to use it, I turn it right side up and by the time I am ready for it, most of the oil has blended on its way to the top again. We have a peanut butter factory in the next town over. It is the only brand I buy. Very popular in this area. You know it is fresh. :angel:

If you want focaccia today, you can use a loaf of frozen bread dough that you find in the freezer section of the grocery store. Put it on a cookie sheet that you pour on a small amount of evoo. pour more on top of the dough then cover with plastic wrap, As dough defrosts using your finger tips press down and spread the dought. After it gets to the point where you can get it to start rising add move evoo and salt the top of the focaccia. you dont need a very large sheet when redy to bake oven at 325 bake for 20-30 min watch it o it doesn't get to brown. when done re-oil and salt. cool put in foil or I like to just leave it out. Enjoy. You can add rosemary fresh springs of tiny new stems, oregano, I even insert grapes all over it's wonderful grapes and baby tender rosemary, plenty of evoo and salt.
enjoy
kades

Thanks for sharing this Kades :)

If I beg, I have a chance.

But she's planning on giving it away to my kids tomorrow. I can't seem to talk her out of it.

I can tell by your typed words, in this nurses opinion, you are suffering from paklava deficiency. Could be harmful to your health and well being.

I can tell by your typed words, in this nurses opinion, you are suffering from paklava deficiency. Could be harmful to your health and well being.

I'll tell her a medical professional has prescribed a dose of paklava. I hope she doesn't ask for a prescription.

I made the chocolate sea salt cookies and the peanut butter ones. Now I have to get the pumpkin cranberry ones done. I am so sick of baking. What I hate about making cookies, is that there is no rest period. They bake too fast and you are always getting the next tray ready. Geesh, how did I talk myself into this? :angel:

Today I baked snickerdoodles, eggnog snickerdoodles, Grandma B cookies (adapted Mrs. Fields recipe), gooey butter cookies, butter cashew cookies, rocky road. Will be baking crackerjack after dinner.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom