What are you baking today?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I made heart-shaped, raspberry-flavored sugar cookies. Later I'll dip half of each cookie in icing and sprinkle with candy hearts.

Thought y'all might like to see the results:

heart_cookies.jpg

GG, only thing you forgot was my invite:LOL:
and the roast was the bomb too, just wanted to tell you how it turned out, thanks a ton.....yummmy

the NYTimes bread I whipped up yesterday was put in the oven today. More salt would have been better but it's darn good

we've invited some friends over for brunch on sunday morning,so i'm planning to make some apple raisin muffins today,so that i dont have too much to do when the time comes.

I tried two things over the last couple of days that were sooooooooooo good I want to experiment and see how close I come to making them myself. The first was a cappacinno Nanaimo bar with had a wonderful coffee filling with a standard chocolate crust and a white chocolate topping. The second was from our favourite bakery and was a baguette with dried kalmatta olives and some greek seasoning. MMMMMMMMMMM.

So, that is today's project.

I'm doing a rhubarb loaf today, and likely some cookies. Probably the oatmeal chippers. I'm in baking mode so I will be trolling around looking for a recipe or two today. I usually end up drooling a lot and then running out of time to bake so I have to do an old stand by! LOL. Might be lemon bars today as that is catching my fancy.

Last edited:
Today I baked a chocolate cake and made Black Velvet Frosting. The cake is a single layer and contains a stick of butter, a whole can of chocolate syrup, 4 eggs, a cup of sugar and 1/4 teaspoon each of baking soda and baking powder. The frosting is melted chocolate, eggs, powdered sugar and butter, and is a stove top thingie, only you can't let it boil. If anybody would like the recipes, just let me know.

I made some cupcakes and added 1/2 cup of vanilla chips to the batter, very good. The recipe only made 8 cupcakes, which is just the right amount for the two of us.

Hey corazon, I think I want the recipe for those cookies. I bet they are a winner. Got a link?

I am going to do cookies today, either oatmeal chocolate chip or that recipe of yours. I'm also contemplating some kind of bar. Maybe lemon bars or a "creation" with a shortbread bottome and some stuff on top.

Me too, corazon! they sound awesome.

Thanks! :)

Today I demonstrated the KitchenAid wall ovens at The Great Indoors, so I made a lot of things in the oven, but baked just two... made three different pizzas. The best one was caramelized onions, tiny grape tomatoes and grated Pecorino cheese. Crust was whole wheat.

then I made Palmiers, using frozen puff pastry. I filled them with peanut butter and wild blueberry jam. really good! if kind of messy.

I made soft chocolate chip cookies which are currently cooling on the counter. They are easy and quick to made. (There's a great recipe in the Joy of Cooking.)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom