What are you baking today?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
LOL... I just noticed the pizza wreath photo. LOVE IT! I think that would be a great, fun, casual lunch to serve during the Christmas season, especially to kiddos. I may just have to steal your idea next year... :P

I made cookies yesterday for a woman who came to babysit the kids. Chocolate orange, always a hit.

Oh, Corazon, is this recipe posted, or can you PM it to me? It sounds delicious. I am always looking for new cookie recipes for our border and youth group. Thanks!

LOL... I just noticed the pizza wreath photo. LOVE IT! I think that would be a great, fun, casual lunch to serve during the Christmas season, especially to kiddos. I may just have to steal your idea next year... :P

Steal away!
I just love what can be made up by accident sometimes! :ohmy:

hehe... thanks Suzi. I actually saved the photo in a word doc I keep with recipes and ideas. Otherwise I'll forget about it by next year. Hope you don't mind! :)

-Karen

Not at all Karen, let me know if you need any help.. green bagels can't be too easy to come by, but I bet I can figure out a tiny batch recipe for you!

I finally had a chance to make the no-knead bread. Preheating my cast-iron Dutch oven per the recipe caused it to overcook on the bottom, but it was still beautiful and delicious and EASY! Love it.

Attachments

• no-knead-bread.jpg
    no-knead-bread.jpg
    52.6 KB · Views: 227
I made two fresh apple cakes today - one for our neighbors and one for us. It is my husband's favorite, so it would have been cruel to make him smell it baking and then take the whole cake across the street! They turned out great.

I made two apple crostata's and now have one slice left:LOL: Got a dozen chocolate cups ready to fill with different ice creams for Easter.....tomorrow will make a few crepes for an appy for Easter...

kadesma

What do you put in your crepes? I usually do fruits and whipped cream but I think I need to find something savory too.

I made these for dh's bday
http://www.discusscooking.com/forums/f40/tnt-apple-frangipane-galette-18727.html
Cora,
I am making mushrooms..I'm going to chop up some mushrooms and saute them with some shallots or leeks not sure yet I really want leeks though so hope I can find some good ones..then I'll add a little chopped garlic,parsley and thyme, I plan to saute in evoo and butter, when the juices have evaporated, I plan to add some salt and pepper and some heavy cream,a splash of sherry or marsala reduce that down til it's almost paste like not sure how to explain, I want the flavor of the marsala with the color of the cream and marsala mixed, but not a lot of liquid..Then I'll put it into crepes..That's as far as I've gotten..And knowing this gang of mine, they will eat them right out of the saute pan..:ROFLMAO:

kades

Baked banana bread yesterday, still have a bit of that left. And we still have some of the rhubarb cake I made on Wednesday night. I'm still in the groove though so I'll be throwing something down today. And I will have to bake a pie or tart or something for Easter Dinner tomorrow. I might make that chocolate tart again. I have some cream in the fridge and lord knows there will enough chocolate around here on Sunday!

Baked banana bread yesterday, still have a bit of that left. And we still have some of the rhubarb cake I made on Wednesday night. I'm still in the groove though so I'll be throwing something down today. And I will have to bake a pie or tart or something for Easter Dinner tomorrow. I might make that chocolate tart again. I have some cream in the fridge and lord knows there will enough chocolate around here on Sunday!
Here too Alix, so I'll just add to the mess with chocolate cups filled with ice cream and brownies and ice cream for the men...Wonder what else I can find to make:ROFLMAO:
kadesma;)

I'm making by pineapple upside down cake for Easter dessert, and I think I may just make a grasshopper pie also. I cant decide, but there will only be 7-9 of us, 3 being little people.
Anyone want to come for Easter dinner so I have an excuse for both? :)

I'm making by pineapple upside down cake for Easter dessert, and I think I may just make a grasshopper pie also. I cant decide, but there will only be 7-9 of us, 3 being little people.
Anyone want to come for Easter dinner so I have an excuse for both? :)
Suzie, make them both..They both sound yummy.Splurge it's Easter:LOL:

kadesma:)

Well, the Cookie Master (thats me) is baking Chocolate Chip cookies for her father-in-law today. I haven't baked cookies in so long!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom