What are you baking today?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh gosh, thanks so much, Fishers Mom, for the compliment! I am very very blessed to have found a second "career." To stay on topic, the dill cottage cheese bread made wonderful ham sandwiches for lunch - hope you enjoyed your day!

Oh gosh, thanks so much, Fishers Mom, for the compliment! I am very very blessed to have found a second "career." To stay on topic, the dill cottage cheese bread made wonderful ham sandwiches for lunch - hope you enjoyed your day!
;) ;)Karen, I only got past your first page of art and I love it I'm totally into the Day of the Day folk art. My spare bathroom and my guest bedroom is covered up in Dia de Los Muertos art,crosses and Saints and of course a lot of skeleton art and figurines. Living in Northern New Mexico it is not as popular as the the southern states, but Santa Fe has stores dedicated to the Holiday. I actually was in Mexico during that Holiday when I was 18 years old. I make wooden crosses with saints and angels tiny and some really large ones with paint, wood burning on the big ones and or decopage on the small ones I also use the metal Milagros on the smaller crosses

JpMcgrew, thanks so much for your encouragement. Most people in the US don't understand the day of the dead - my sister thinks my paintings are "morbid." There is so much in the Mexican culture to celebrate. I feel very lucky to be here.

JpMcgrew, thanks so much for your encouragement. Most people in the US don't understand the day of the dead - my sister thinks my paintings are "morbid." There is so much in the Mexican culture to celebrate. I feel very lucky to be here.
I have only heard about the day of the dead..I looked at you work and it is just beautiful..I do not think it morbid..I especially loved the picture you have of the tiny hummingbird in your back yard tree..I left you a message there..Thank you for adding beauty to the world.

kadesma:)

:chef:a southern tradition...legend has it that after the field hands - both black and white - came in from pea-pickin' they treated themselves w/an orange-pineapple cake...my version today is simple and good if you like mandarin oranges, pineapple, yellow cake mix, instant vanilla pudding and cool whip...extremly moist refrigerated cake for sheet cake or layers...one of my 'smash hit' best sellers...thankx for asking...I love to cook and food history

You will find Chocolate Oaties in my file. Hope you will try them. Easy to make and delicious

Never did get to the granola yesterday, so I will try that today. I am also thinking of making reese's bars or multiple choice bars. I have some Smarties to use up (not US Smarties, Canadian ones) and some graham cracker crumbs and a can of condensed milk. Sounds like a winning combo to me. I'll post the recipe if it works out!

Never did get to the granola yesterday, so I will try that today. I am also thinking of making reese's bars or multiple choice bars. I have some Smarties to use up (not US Smarties, Canadian ones) and some graham cracker crumbs and a can of condensed milk. Sounds like a winning combo to me. I'll post the recipe if it works out!

Okay, I will bite - what IS the difference between Canadian and American Smarties.....ours don't have the blue ones? :LOL: I haven't eaten smarties for years.

Nope, theirs are like what we call Rockets here. You know, those sort of flat compressed sugar things that come in tubes and you get them usually at Halloween? They don't have our Smarties there, they only have M&M's. I have to say, its irrational considering they are made of basically the same stuff, but I prefer Smarties to plain M&M's. Weird huh? Now PEANUT M&M's are another story...they are ambrosia and should never be put IN anything (except your mouth!)

Nope, theirs are like what we call Rockets here. You know, those sort of flat compressed sugar things that come in tubes and you get them usually at Halloween? They don't have our Smarties there, they only have M&M's. I have to say, its irrational considering they are made of basically the same stuff, but I prefer Smarties to plain M&M's. Weird huh? Now PEANUT M&M's are another story...they are ambrosia and should never be put IN anything (except your mouth!)

I just googled smarties and got a US page and you are right! Wow, who would have thunk! As far as I am concerned, Smarties were first and M&Ms were just a poor copycat!

The one thing about M&M's (and this will keep this on topic), is that they have the small baking ones. I sprinkle them on top of this one bowl brownie recipe I have instead of frosting - they are yummy!

;) Finally had a chance to see you paintings totally awesome. Do you sell a lot of them? Santa Fe would be a great place to sell them. Another question how did you end up in Mexico? Your house is beautiful love the colors. It looks like a great place to live lI love all the Iguanas etc. Is it possible to retire there if you are not a millionaire?

The one thing about M&M's (and this will keep this on topic), is that they have the small baking ones. I sprinkle them on top of this one bowl brownie recipe I have instead of frosting - they are yummy!

Oh yeah - Alix do you have the minis? They rock!

I need to bake something for dessert tonight...(the brownies I made last night are gone...and neither dh nor I had so much as a crumb!)

I'm thinking another batch of my favorite chocolate chip cookies (made with my no-soy chocolate chips, of course) will be ready for this evening's sweet-tooth-attack:chef:

Oh yeah - Alix do you have the minis? They rock!

I need to bake something for dessert tonight...(the brownies I made last night are gone...and neither dh nor I had so much as a crumb!)

I'm thinking another batch of my favorite chocolate chip cookies (made with my no-soy chocolate chips, of course) will be ready for this evening's sweet-tooth-attack:chef:

Alix and I are just a province away so I think they would have the minis too!

BTW, JKath, what do you mean by no-soy chocolate chips?

Thanks.

Yum! That does sound good Alix.
Do you eat the red ones last? :LOL:
I like the orange ones myself.

No baking to me today. Double decker brownies tomorrow to take to a party.

Yum! That does sound good Alix.
Do you eat the red ones last? :LOL:
I like the orange ones myself.

No baking to me today. Double decker brownies tomorrow to take to a party.

Oh, here I go again on the Smarties. A friend of mine actually tried to tell us that she could taste the difference between the orange ones and the others. We blindfolded her and, alas....she couldn't :LOL:

No wonder I don't get anything baked, I am on the computer too much! Well tomorrow I have been a good girl and rested my leg almost all day so I am hoping tomorrow I can get some stuff done.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom