What are you baking today?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I have NYT bread in the oven, flavored with sweet red pepper , onion powder, basil, ground flax , I forgot what else . :LOL:

Don't you just love all the different ways to make this bread? Yesterday I baked NYT for the week, and in one loaf I tossed in some Parmesan cheese in the dry ingredients, then sprayed water on top and covered the loaf with 10-grain cereal. Yum-O.

JoeV

Don't you just love all the different ways to make this bread? Yesterday I baked NYT for the week, and in one loaf I tossed in some Parmesan cheese in the dry ingredients, then sprayed water on top and covered the loaf with 10-grain cereal. Yum-O.

JoeV

that sounds good , Joe. I like variety too in the bread.

I'm thinking about doing another batch of candy, since I can't find any gum base at the moment. Coconut flavoured.

would like to start nyc bread but will have no electric service from 8 am to 4 pm tomorrow. i have a gas stove , but i think the starter is electric. bummer

babe:chef:

You can just start it with a match....
My parents have always had stoves where the igniter goes out after about 2 years....

I have an electric starter on my gas stove as well, and due to frequent power outages this time of year, I often start it with one of those butane BBQ lighters. But you could also use a match...works fine.

Lighting the oven is a little trickier, Babe - there is a hole about the size of a dime where I can stick a match through and light my oven manually. A little dicey.

Do you have a broiler on the bottom? If you do, open that up and ( get on your knees,lol) light it from there.

2 loaves of cinnamon raisin bread, 2 loaves of cinnamon bread with mixed dried fruit, 2 dozen assorted muffins ( from mixes), 2 pans of shortbread, one plain and one chocolate simply to try out 2 new pans and 2 pressure cooker batches of porcupine meatballs. Meatballs and muffins were for daughter's family and 2 loaves of bread for a neighbor. Pretty hot to be in Florida and bake and cook all day, but jumped in the pool when it was all done!

2 loaves of cinnamon raisin bread, 2 loaves of cinnamon bread with mixed dried fruit, 2 dozen assorted muffins ( from mixes), 2 pans of shortbread, one plain and one chocolate simply to try out 2 new pans and 2 pressure cooker batches of porcupine meatballs. Meatballs and muffins were for daughter's family and 2 loaves of bread for a neighbor. Pretty hot to be in Florida and bake and cook all day, but jumped in the pool when it was all done!
:) You must have been very busy. And I am so jealous you have a pool. What a great reward. All my life I have wished for my very own swimming pool.:)

tomorrow I am meeting up with two cousins in Indiana and I am taking a Devils Food cake with carmel icing, made from a recipe of our great grandmother....maybe some more baking later on...

Headed out today in search of an electric pasta machine and ravioli mold to form them. Will experiment with it tonight using semolina flour. DD's birthday is coming up and she requested cheese ravioli (BOOOOORRRRRING!) So, I will be making those for her and DW, then making meat ravioli, spinach ravioli and crab with shrimp ravioli for me and her boyfriend. I've never made them before, but after 45 minutes of research online last night, I don't see any problem with cranking out some super raviolis. I'll mix the dough in my KitchenAid (see video) instead of by hand, then run it through the new machine. Plus, I will make Emeril's Italian bread recipe as well.

JoeV

cupcakes, cupcakes.....and more cupcakes. I am putting together a cupcake wedding tree for next Saturday with 160 cupcakes in 5 flavours (plain, carrot, capuccino, banana and chocolate) with a top cake of banana and chocolate layers.

cupcakes, cupcakes.....and more cupcakes. I am putting together a cupcake wedding tree for next Saturday with 160 cupcakes in 5 flavours (plain, carrot, capuccino, banana and chocolate) with a top cake of banana and chocolate layers.
What a nice idea. Who doesn't love cupcakes? We have a couple of those trendy cupcake-boutiques around here now. Not impressed with the most popular one... concepts are far better than nfinished product. I had pancake-flavored cupcake with maple frosting and a slice of bacon on top! Sounded glorious but tasted stale and sugary. Your cupcakes sound much safer and yummier! Take a pic, please?

Tonight I will make my zucchini cake... still not sure what I'll end up with!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom