What are you baking today?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
My Breakfast Cookies:

1 cup dried cranberries or cherries
1/2 cup boiling water
1/2 cup super crunchy peanut butter
1/4 cup butter, softened
1/2 cup sugar
pinch ground cinnamon
1 teaspoon vanilla
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 cup all-purpose flour
1-1/4 cups rolled oats
1 cup semisweet chocolate pieces or chunks

Directions
1. Preheat oven to 350 degree F. In a small bowl, combine cranberries or cherries and boiling water; set aside.

2. In a large bowl, combine peanut butter and butter; beat with an electric mixer on medium speed for 30 seconds. Add sugar , egg, cinnamon, vanilla, and baking soda. Beat until combined. Add flour; beat until smooth. Stir oats.
3. Drain the cranberries or cherries; stir raisins and chocolate pieces into oat mixture.
4. Drop by rounded teaspoons onto ungreased cookie sheets. Bake about 10 minutes or until lightly browned. Transfer to wire racks; let cool. Makes about 40 cookies.

...and here I sit without a glass of ice cold milk.:( The look Delish! Send me some with lots of walnuts. Can't have enough nuts in cookies, IMHO.
Hey JoeV, that's how my MIL makes hers. With lots of walnuts. Hers I will say are good, very good. Our kids' favorite chocolate chip cookies, but hubby doesn't like nuts for the most part. I have barrels of walnuts in the freezer that I could have used. Heck, I have barrels of all kinds of nuts in the freezer. He got 12 to take to work with him in his lunch today, along with GhettoRacingKids banana oatmeal chocolate chippers and some No Bakes, I told him to share please:glare:;)

LOL...I've been sitting in front of the computer all day long. I'm loving this! I hadn't had a lazy day like this in ages. All I've done is toss the dishes in the dishwasher and make my bed. I'll go bake and post the results on here for you Luvs. Thanks for getting me off my b-tt!

Had to stay home to wait for my dialysis supplies, sooo I got busy
Made 3 loaves of french bread and some cake mix cookies to take to the lady who babysits my grand kids now..I made chocolate cookies with chocolate chips and broken up pieces of a heath bar..All the little guys will like all this chocolate...

kadesma:)

Hmmmm...apple cake. That sounds good. Got to go find that french apple cake recipe, or was it caramel apple cake? Good thing I remember the title of that thread!

I owe my sister a loaf of Artisan bread for cutting my hair. I will make Vermont cheddar bread, Rosemary, tomato sprinkles bread , and whatever else I come up with.

Trying a bundt cake using a cake mix, instant pudding,sherry wonder what I'll get? It should be fun 2 kids helping me:ohmy:

kades

Need some quality time with the kiddos.... plain ol Nestle Choc Chip cookies.
Pacanis I'll be expecting those ribs in trade soon...
:)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom