What are you baking today?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey JoeV, that's how my MIL makes hers. With lots of walnuts. Hers I will say are good, very good. Our kids' favorite chocolate chip cookies, but hubby doesn't like nuts for the most part. I have barrels of walnuts in the freezer that I could have used. Heck, I have barrels of all kinds of nuts in the freezer. He got 12 to take to work with him in his lunch today, along with GhettoRacingKids banana oatmeal chocolate chippers and some No Bakes, I told him to share please:glare:;)

I really need to start paying attention to some threads.

I need to perfect that one and make it one of my signature "dishes"

Made "George's Light Rye Bread" yesterday, but DW was not pleased with the taste when she made toast with it this morning. She described it as "strong" with flavor, but not offensive. Just more flavor than she is used to. After a bit of research, it turns out this recipe is more like recipes for Pumpernickle bread with a light crumb. I made a ham/salami/munster cheese sandwich with mayo, lettuce and fresh tomato with for lunch. It was very good, but it's not a rye I would want to eat on a daily basis. I would make this again but as a round loaf as a spinach dip bowl.

To that end, I went Googling and found a couple of rye recipes that did not have any molasses or cocao in them, then "massaged" the recipes to get a final recipe, and it will go in the oven in about 20 minutes. Because of the help I've received from DC, I've gotten comfortable with knowledge of how to modify bread recipes, and knowing that they will come out edible, even though they may not be beautiful.:LOL: As pacanis says, at least the dogs will be happy.:ohmy:

Joe

Made a flan (creme caramel) first thing this morning for dessert tonight with our chiles en nogada. If it's pretty when I take it out of the mold, I'll take a picture. If it isn't pretty, wahhhhhhh.

I'm desperately craving CHOCOLATE! I've been eating chocolate chips straight from the bag (and that's bad, real bad). I'm going to go bake some brownies with my new box of cocoa powder. Sigh!

Just made a couple of loaves of Pumpkin Walnut Bread and brought a loaf to my neighbor as a thank you for giving us some of their lovely tomatoes!

okay, not baking, baking..... my Parents baked an extra pie crust, & i'm putting together a strawberry pie with whisked whippedcream.

I think I want to make the breakfast cookies that Alix posted last week.... maybe 2 weeks ago now.
I feel like baking but not sure I'll get to it.
Maybe tomorrow.
:)

About 2 weeks ago I found a chocolate cake mix (food club) from the US.......no, I won't tell you what I spent but I hopped up and down in the store when I found it and the locals just went "stupid American"......anyway, I served it with a homemade buttercream icing (yep, that part was homemade) and you would have thought these people had gone into orbit.....of course the mixes have now disappeared from the shelves......I should have known.....there are lots of expats here now....of course they are going to grab up any cake mixes available.......anyway, glad it was a success.....hate to make cakes from scratch, though......

Last night I baked some delicious chocolate with chipotle cup cakes, icing also had chipotle in it. I just took a favorite chocolate cake recipe and added a pureè of chipotle and chipotle powder to it with a little cinnamon. I just used the chipotle/cinnamon powder in the icing.

img_685455_0_8c5e8dfa3b4437c608c2e14d2d4f24d5.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom