What are you baking today?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
A friend's mother passed away, so I'm making a couple of loaves of Italian bread and 3 dozen cookies for her out-of-town family.

Baked 2 loaves of cinnamon/raisin bread but used mixed dried berries instead of raisins. Can't wait to cut and toast in the morning. Babetoo, where can I find the sugarless banana bread recipe? Thanks.

Babetoo - I'd like that recipe, too. Thanks
really all it is a basic quick banana bread and i modify it as follows.

for the sugar , measure for measure i use half splenda for baking for white sugar called for, and one half splenda brown sugars.

three bananas,

i add applesauce, you need to eyeball this so it seems to be moist batter to you. start with one half cup. wouldn't add more than three quarter cups in all. sometimes if i have it i use chunky applesauce.

the basic batter is used is in betty crocker cookbook. check it at least time listed. take out before completely dry when checked with toothpick. i hope you like it. haven't checked on splenda.com but this works for me.

babe:chef:

Got the sandwich rolls already formed and proofing. Yucky day outside so I might bake something else later on.

Baking 4 loaves of Italian bread today and have a loaf of NYT Italian herb in the oven. DW loves the smell of bread baking before 0800 on a weekend.

JoeV

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom