What are you baking today?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I baked some pumpkin seeds this morning ;) and I am thinking tonight I'll make some pumpkin cupcakes. The decorations are very cute. I'll try and get the link for them later.

I've never heard of those rolls. Did you Google it?

I'll gladly bake bread for anyone who wants to cut my lawn.:LOL:

yes i did joe but went back and checked again. found three. it is a mexican sweet bread. calls for anise seeds, and brown sugar. my handyman says he loves it so wanted to make some for him. thanks for answering:chef:

Made some orange and chocolate bars DELISH. You roll out some refridgerated sugar cookie dough into a 9x12 pan (ungreased) and bake according to package directions (about 20 minutes). Spread orange marmalade onto the sheet of cookie while still warm. sprinkle with chopped nuts (I used almonds and walnuts) then drizzle, liberally, some melted chocolate onto the sheet of cookie. Let cool, if you have that kind of self control and cut into squares. The DH gobbled these up.

yes i did joe but went back and checked again. found three. it is a mexican sweet bread. calls for anise seeds, and brown sugar. my handyman says he loves it so wanted to make some for him. thanks for answering:chef:

I don't particularly like anything with anise in it, so I'm not likely to try these rolls. Good luck with them!

Joe

Rye was a little (5 oz) larger than anticipated: 1 lb 13 oz (.824 kg)

img_711133_0_a87d010b563e4cd16424e1d2c39903b0.jpg

img_711133_1_69e37fd17c2df6936b1662b9881f07c3.jpg

I have a kitchen aid!!! Finally!!! Several people gave us money for our wedding, so we treated ourselves!

Today I have made a batch of rolls, and some brioche.

Oh and not baking, but I carved my first pumpkin! He looks suitably menacing.

Brought the last loaf of NYT (rye) out of the freezer, so I mixed up two loaves of plain NYT and one NYT Rye that I will bake tonight. Of the three different rye breads I have made, we like this one the best for both toast and sandwiches.

Joe

French Baggettes. I have some killer left over rare roast beef. Cold Roast Beef Sandwich. French Dip sounds good, but I don't have any beef broth.

I'm going to make Chicken Marengo for tonight.......actually it's a recipe from the Joy of Cooking and haven't made it in a long time (just don't use as much olive oil or butter that she calls for and I use skinned chicken breasts).........my oven hasn't worked in over a month so I'm reduced to whatever I can make on the top range.......maybe Joe can send some of his delicious buns FedEx!!!

LEFSElover: I make bread, lots of different kinds, and the best tasting pancakes! Goodest I ever had! There's all sorts of uses, and if you feed it after every use you'll never run out of it. If you want recipes, I'll be glad to supply some; and JoeV always has some on the forum.

I promised my friends that I would bake a cake for tomorrow and since it is the Fall and near the U.S. election, I decided to make a spice cake recipe that was George Washington's mother's. It is Mary Ball Washington's Gyngerbrede and it is from Maida Heatter's New Book of Great Desserts. I have also seen the recipe online.
I have made other antique/historic baking recipes and they are always fun.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom