What are you baking today?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
i made eggnog cookies from cake mix. 1/4 cup melted butter, white cake mix and one half cup eggnog. eggnog had nutmeg but didn't it much in dough. i add about half tsp to it. then sprinkled nutmeg on the top. drop on pan. bake 12 to 15 min. at 350, light brown on bottom

i found them just a bit bland, nice texture though . i am thinking i will drizzle a little powder sugar and milk blend and sprinkle with more nutmeg. i hope that helps. all and all nothing to get excited about. maybe a yellow cake mix would be better.

Tomorrow at work we are having a fundraiser to raise money to support local charities. During our monthly safety briefing we are going to raffle off baked goods to earn the money. I made Pumpkin Streusel Bars. I had never made the recipe before. I was going to make cookies, but did not feel like dealing with cookies after working all day. I have not tasted the bars, but they look good.

I'm getting ready to mix a batch of Chocolate Chip Pecan Oatmeal Cookies. I'm taking my granddaugher's advice and adding a tsp of Butter Pecan Extract to the batter. Should taste pretty good.

A 53 ounce G. Greenstein style unglazed sour rye. 9 1/2" dia X 5" high.

img_741536_0_9598e73eef0d21ab1310c7d285653a83.jpg

I'm getting ready to mix a batch of Chocolate Chip Pecan Oatmeal Cookies. I'm taking my granddaugher's advice and adding a tsp of Butter Pecan Extract to the batter. Should taste pretty good.

I looked this up and found a recipe...these sound Goooood! I like the idea of adding the extract too. I bet they rock:chef:

lol... my gingerbread boy is in a box somewhere... I"m not even brave enough to make plain old round ones. Anything dough like that I have to roll out, tends to turn out ugly!!!!

Tomorrow at work we are having a fundraiser to raise money to support local charities. During our monthly safety briefing we are going to raffle off baked goods to earn the money. I made Pumpkin Streusel Bars. I had never made the recipe before. I was going to make cookies, but did not feel like dealing with cookies after working all day. I have not tasted the bars, but they look good.

The Pumpkin Streusel Bars were a great hit at work today. We made $36.00 to add to our fundraising money to give to charity.

You'd better! lol!

Ask and you shall receive! Gold Dusted Mocha Shortbread Stars. They were a hit at our ladies' Christmas tea today. Yes, Smoke King OUR church ladies were impressed! The picture doesn't really show off the gold well.

Attachments

• GoldDustCookies2.jpg
    GoldDustCookies2.jpg
    80.5 KB · Views: 194
The Pumpkin Streusel Bars were a great hit at work today. We made $36.00 to add to our fundraising money to give to charity.
Excellent! These are genuinely tough times for a lot of folks, and great to see your group doing their part to help.

Ask and you shall receive! Gold Dusted Mocha Shortbread Stars. They were a hit at our ladies' Christmas tea today. Yes, Smoke King OUR church ladies were impressed! The picture doesn't really show off the gold well.

What an innovative idea. I have to ask...just how expensive is edible gold dust? I can't imagine putting a precious metal on baked goods, although my BIL used to drink something called Goldschlager (sp?) that had gold leaf floating in every bottle.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom