What are you baking today?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Last mega cake session, at least for now. I baked the first of two 12 x 12 x 1.5 inch carrot cakes yesterday and today made a 10 x 22 inch chocolate cake. Still have many to go, but already have the lemon one done and over half my decorations so it is looking good for next Saturday's wedding which features both a bridal cake and a groom's cake (the chocolate one).

Once again I am ending up with a ton of cake scraps. I am trying to come up with a way to make them marketable, like donut holes. With the amount of carving I have done this summer I could have made a fortune!

This what I baked for July 4th..........

Brownie Bottom Cheesecake
28565-albums212-picture1905.jpg

Choc Mocha Crinkle Cookies
28565-albums212-picture1904.jpg

Just took a marble cake out of the oven and hope to make two "wacky cakes" tonight. It is chocolate cake made in the pan and is lactose free - seeing as the bride, her mother, uncle (my DH) and two aunts are lactose intolerant, this is a good thing!

Nothing today, though I probably should have since the weather was somewhat agreeable. Tomorrow I plan to make some English muffins...weather temperatures permitting.
I need to get my act together an do some more of that sandwich bread. My gang loved that recipe you sent..Everyone is wanting a platter of sandwiches...soooooo much for keeping my feet up as doctor ordered.Poop
kades

I am baking butter cookies. But I also want to make chocolate pudding, just that I don't have any skim milk.

I need to make dinner rolls, hot dog buns and a coffee cake, so those will be made in the next few days....we have two neighborhood young men coming over next week who have scheduled their visits to coincide at their folks house...and they eat a lot, so need to stock up for their visits.

Nothing today, though I probably should have since the weather was somewhat agreeable. Tomorrow I plan to make some English muffins...weather temperatures permitting.

That's the same reason why I have a 10.6 lb ham shank in the oven as I'm typing... Yah I know, the thread meant "other" baked goods, but since Katie mention the weather aspect, I thought my ham qualified :)

Bob

Making two tarts one apple and one white peach.Spread fig jam on the bottom of the peach one and orange marmalade for the apple. Will top with whipped cream or some vanilla ice cream,,
kadesma

Nothing today. Yesterday I tried a sweet Hawiian bread. It wouldn't rise the second time so I ploped it in a square cake pan and baked it like corn bread or something. Little crusty on the bottom (mea culpa), great flavor, but too dense so I dumped it.

The one thing I will NOT be baking for awhile is cake LOL! finished my last ones yesterday for our niece.

I hope to make some diabetic carrot muffins for Dad and gluten free banana ones for DH.

SheilaDarylCake1.jpg
The wedding cake was (from bottom) carrot, chocolate, marble and lemon. There 3 dozen sugar sunflowers of varoius sizes and leaves and the layers are literally suspended on plastic plates and pillars at varying angles. Other views are in my profile photo album.

GameofLifeCake2.jpg
The groom's cake was a special touching gift from the bride to her new hubby. His best friend, who he would have chosen as his best man, died a few years ago and the Game of Life was something they played together often.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom