What are you baking today?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I am melting....and just got a call that they need another 12 dozen cookies for tomorrow's childrens' program. Do ya think they would notice if I went out and bought them?:whistling

I went to visit the Paula Dean area and found a cup cake with chocolate peanutbutter frosting recipe. My wife has demanded that I bake them tonight. (she snaps me with rubber bands when I dissobey)

I am melting....and just got a call that they need another 12 dozen cookies for tomorrow's childrens' program. Do ya think they would notice if I went out and bought them?:whistling

Laurie, if it is for children......

that would be a no! they won't notice;)

here is what appeared in my kitchen today, don't know where they came from:angel:...they were not on my list of things to do today

I must be getting company soon..

Attachments

• DSCF0005.jpg
    DSCF0005.jpg
    56.6 KB · Views: 165
Just pulled a banana bread from the oven...Next in goes a couple of loaves of French bread.
kadesma:)

I made a batch of gluten-free banana muffins for DH's dinners (he works afternoons). The 18 minutes it took to bake them was all I could stand having the oven on so no baking until the temperature goes below 30 Celsius!

I have yet to make bread. Easier or harder than pies?
Depends on you. Me I can hack up a pie so fast it hurts, bread I love all the kneading and the results...Bread is forgiving and just bend to your will.If you want to try making bread do a simple french bread, simply flour, water,weast, salt, I add no sugar at all and I love to put it in a place where it is cool so it takes longer to rise...You will find this makes the flavor stronger and more like a sourdough.
kadesma:)

Last edited:
I made six good sized sourdough Blueberry muffins this morning. Easy and delish! Plumped up with the action of baking soda with the sourdough batter. My DW gave four away so she wouldn't be tempted. Oh good, now I can make waffles tomorrow morning.
Marty

Individual chocolate cream pies with graham cracker crusts - served with fresh whipped cream.

I baked another of Mexico Karen's Peach Pound Cakes today to take to church tomorrow. They keep getting better every time! This one came out great. The peaches weren't real ripe (I picked them off my inlaws' tree this morning) and so there wasn't a lot of juice. I compensated with a little orange juice.....a little vodka and I would have had a fuzzy navel pound cake LOL!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom