What are you baking today?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
baking today in prep to go to some friends home tomorrow for dinner....i'm baking/taking small ww garlic dinner rolls, and whole wheat snickerdoodles..

I made my favorite Butterscotch Fudgebars. These are awesome marbled swirls of chewy and fudgy chocolatey goodness. This always calls for serious self-control on my part not to gobble it all up!

*wipes drool from chin

I should have known this thread would tempt me. I had no idea it would be so cruel, though! Where o where are the recipe links? Dangling bits of heaven in front of me, taunting me with photos...*sigh*

I haven't baked sweets in forever, though my ice cream maker and freezer have been getting a workout! Today I'm baking Raspberry Cream Cheese Muffins from Cooking Light. Just waiting on my butter and cream cheese to soften.

I am baking homemade blueberry muffins this morning and I am going to give those pocket pies another try.

My first experience with pasties (pocket pies) beyond the commercial Hostess fruit pies, was at a Scottish Festival in Southern Calif. They were filled with grilled ground beef, diced potato, diced carrot and onion heavily spiced with lots of salt and tonnes black pepper in a homemade crust and then deep fried. They were heavy, greasy, spicy and wonderful all at the same time. I've never forgotten them.

You might tell us how yours turn out. I know I would be interested!

Friday morning waffles, sourdough of course. Strawberry jam, butter and real straberries, too. I kept all the fat and cholesterol out, of course. Left the sugar in. hahaha
Marty

Since you only have 24 hours or less to deliver the cookies..12 dozen OUCH! ...BUY UM...and don't feel guilty...the kids will be happy with anything they can get. OK time to get back to the kitchen.
Geri_berry
under the hot sun in northwest Florida USA

I made my favorite Butterscotch Fudgebars. These are awesome marbled swirls of chewy and fudgy chocolatey goodness. This always calls for serious self-control on my part not to gobble it all up!
Please share your recipe. I just love Butterscotch.
Thanks,
Marty

I baked up a pan of brownies today, and I'm not sayin' how much is left. It's a recipe I'm working on, and a rare treat: they turned out better than expected! :heart:

well, awesome, guys.. i'm slowly learning thru both yins & school that baking can be great!

just put cake pan for giant cupcakes in the oven., with yellow cake mix. first time using the pan. wish me luck

giant cupcake done. two mixes makes cake and also got dozen cupcakes with what was left.

kept frosting simple for the first time. choco. frosting on bottom part. white frosting for top with sprinkles. i hope my daughter is impressed. lol:chef:

giant cupcake done. two mixes makes cake and also got dozen cupcakes with what was left.

kept frosting simple for the first time. choco. frosting on bottom part. white frosting for top with sprinkles. i hope my daughter is impressed. lol:chef:

See, Babe, it wasn't so hard. I am proud of you. I just wish you could upload pictures, I would love to see it! :)

I love my giant cupcake pan and am using it next to make a round "house" cake for friends as a housewarming gift.

I hope Laurie doesn't read this, she is bringing dessert tonight, but I just made a recently posted recipe; Margaret Atwood's Baked Lemon Custard.....smells heavenly!

Too late, I was coming to post dessert and I saw your post LOL!!!! Much better than what I was going to make (and Margaret Atwood has been an inspiration for me as long as I can remember. I have her autograph in two of her books!)

Seriously, I am just waiting for my butter to soften for some diabetic chocolate chunk shortbread for Dad. I am also doing gluten free muffins for DH. If I have enough energy I was hoping to make some strawberry ice cream and brownies for me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom