What are you baking today?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Laurie: It is "Artisan Bread in Five Minutes a Day" by Jeff Hertzberg and Zoe Francois. Do like I do - I always check it out at the library to see if it's worth spending the money. It's worth the money.
I thought you were going to slow down. The ones for the kids I can understand. I'm not nagging, am I?

does tuna casserole count. gonna make that lemon pie that didn't get done yesterday. but it doesn't go into the oven. maybe sugar cookies if i have time. i am always biting off more that i can chew. lol

I baked DH some Gluten Free Chocolate Chunk cookies today for his lunches. I used a mix. They are making some pretty good ones now and it beats having to combine all the flours and other ingredients. I still do most of his baking by hand, but it is nice to know I can get a good standby!

I hope to get the cake made for the birthday cake I am doing for a 12 year old this week. I tried my hand at my first fondant animal, a huskie dog today. Not bad, but don't think I am ready to show pictures yet!

Note to Dave: You are not nagging and I am having loads of fun on this one!

Laurie: It is "Artisan Bread in Five Minutes a Day" by Jeff Hertzberg and Zoe Francois. Do like I do - I always check it out at the library to see if it's worth spending the money. It's worth the money.

That's the one I am looking at. I get a free book next month so I think that might be my choice! Thanks, Dave.

It was a busy baking day. I baked 4 loaves of banana bread. One big one and three little ones. I prepped 3 apple crisps and they are now in the freezer. I did a batch of applesauce too. I'm gathering myself and I'm going to go do a bunch of apple pies if I can find my tin foil pie plates.

Can you tell I have a few apples to use up? LOL!

it was over 90F today!! if i lit the oven my brain and butt would be baking!! :LOL:

Mid 70's here today. I think our high was 23C. Overcast most of the day too.
hi alix!! 70F would be wonderful!! i wish it could stay 70 all year except winter because i love snow. i hate heat.

Our weather is about the same as yours, Alix. I baked the cake part of the cake I am doing for my best friend's son's 12th birthday. I am having fun with this one!

hi alix!! 70F would be wonderful!! i wish it could stay 70 all year except winter because i love snow. i hate heat.

I wouldn't mind 70 most of the year, but I like a nice HOT summer if I can get it. We see enough cold weather that I like the change. I haven't started yet today, but I'm going to do a bunch more apples and will do some pies if I can get my daughter to be my helper. She is great when we prep apples!

Alix: With all due respect, you can keep your HOT! Thanks, anyway.

A follow-up report on the "Artisan Bread in Five Minutes a Day" method. My first attempt the other day used the King Arthur instructions; they are time-consuming and unnecesary. Artisan's method is to take a lump of dough out of the fridge, shape it into a ball using the "cloaking" technique, which is stretching the dough's outer skin. Then shape it into the type loaf you want and let it rest twenty (20) minutes, then bake. NO rising time! That's it! So simple and it works!

Has anyone else tried it yet? ? ?

I need to make three 8 inch layers and 12 cupcakes all in chocolate for a cake due this weekend. I am waiting for the sun to go down.

i can't believe i bought the king size jar of applesauce. have eaten with meals, make applesauce bars, and made them again today. they are very tasty sorta spicy with a pwd. sugar glaze. pretty healthy too, no eggs and very little oil. just don't want to throw away applesauce. lol.

I baked this!!!

http://www.discusscooking.com/forums/f40/chocolate-phyllo-strudel-roll-57250.html

But I added chopped pistachios to the last layer. So good.

plate (2).jpg

They look better in person but they are so good. Click pic to make larger.

Special thanks to LPBeier!!! :-X

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom