What are you baking today?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Biscochitos

im making Biscochitos for my niece's bday,,she wants it in chocolate flavor,,,il maybe put some icing on it...

33c6343c117d26.jpg

Well, I didn't bake it but I made a "cake" for my Dad based on this. He is diabetic so I used no sugar added (NSA) chocolate chip cookies, NSA instant fudge pudding mix, and unsweetened whipped cream. I served it with NSA Vanilla Ice Cream.

Yes, I know, I bake cakes for a living and is makes something totally out of mixes and store bought items....but Dad loved it and that's what counts! ;)

Well, I didn't bake it but I made a "cake" for my Dad based on this. He is diabetic so I used no sugar added (NSA) chocolate chip cookies, NSA instant fudge pudding mix, and unsweetened whipped cream. I served it with NSA Vanilla Ice Cream.

Yes, I know, I bake cakes for a living and is makes something totally out of mixes and store bought items....but Dad loved it and that's what counts! ;)
hmmmmmm i must be blind because i don't see a line where the cookies are. do they get really mushy and melt into the milk and cool whip?

OH and btw this recipe must have been written in canada or england because when i sent the recipe to OneNote it had that squiggly red line under flavouring and wanted to correct the U out of the spelling. i started laughing "LOLing out loud"!! funny what strikes funny sometimes. my daughter now KNOWS mom is whacko when out of nowhere in a dead silent house mom starts LOLing!!

OH and btw this recipe must have been written in canada or england because when i sent the recipe to OneNote it had that squiggly red line under flavouring and wanted to correct the U out of the spelling. i started laughing "LOLing out loud"!! funny what strikes funny sometimes. my daughter now KNOWS mom is whacko when out of nowhere in a dead silent house mom starts LOLing!!

Of course the recipe is written in Canada; isn't that where all the great recipes come from? :LOL: I am honoured that my American neighbour is harbouring an interest in my colourful and flavourful recipe and making it the centre of attention. :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO: I speak fluent Canadian eh?

May I ask what OneNote is?

hmmmmmm i must be blind because i don't see a line where the cookies are. do they get really mushy and melt into the milk and cool whip?

Can't put anything past you Ms M! That is actually the point. Letting the "cake" sit in the refrigerator over night (or as I did for at least 8 hours), the filling/icing softens the cookies and they become cake-like. It seems like you slaved over this complex dessert and you just iced cookies and slapped them together :chef:. The big secret is, however, to slice it on an angle or you don't get the layered affect.

Of course the recipe is written in Canada; isn't that where all the great recipes come from? :LOL: I am honoured that my American neighbour is harbouring an interest in my colourful and flavourful recipe and making it the centre of attention. :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO: I speak fluent Canadian eh?

May I ask what OneNote is?

check this page out onenote 2007 - Google Images it has screen shots of OneNote. i love OneNote for keeping my recipes. and i can "send" stuff from ANYWHERE on the web or even on my puter to OneNote and at the bottom it automatically inserts a link back so i don't have to read anything at the moment. i can read stuff when i have time. i can just send it and i don't have to remember where i saw anything it is right there to click back to find. there is a great search feature.

Just made Baked Cinnamon Donuts, dusted with confectioner's sugar. Delicious!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom