What are you baking today?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I have 2 loaves of my favourite zucchini loaf just ready to come out of the oven and 3 loaves of chocolate zucchini bread ready to go in. I grated 16 + cups of the stuff and have so far used six!

Once I am all done I will have pictures of the whole process right from the giant zucc itself! If anyone is interested of course.....Ms M?
hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm sure!! LOL

chocolate zuc bread? we need recipes for all!!

Lemon bars..have to keep the natives from rioting:LOL:
kadesma

we demand lemon bars!!

img_851910_0_d8274f9224f1c2da1a80e62e77fd2d51.gif

don't really know what to call this dish, i worked it out in my head.

layer four or five sheets of phyllo doing the brushing with melted butter between each layer. will pour peach pie filling into phyllo crust. top with the same number of sheets, also butter between each sheet. brush melted butter on top. sprinkle with sugar and cinnamon. bake about twenty min. til golden brown.

i hope it will be good, will serve with double vanilla ice cream

layer four or five sheets of phyllo doing the brushing with melted butter between each layer. will pour peach pie filling into phyllo crust. top with the same number of sheets, also butter between each sheet. brush melted butter on top. sprinkle with sugar and cinnamon. bake about twenty min. til golden brown.

that sounds good!! i want some!

Babe, aside from delicious, I would call it Peach Napoleon!

Let us know how it turns out!

Oh, Beth,
Can I have your recipe? I am hosting a bunch of teenagers and twenty-somethings for lunch in a couple of weeks and doing pulled pork sandwiches. Those would be perfect!

Oh, Beth,
Can I have your recipe? I am hosting a bunch of teenagers and twenty-somethings for lunch in a couple of weeks and doing pulled pork sandwiches. Those would be perfect!

sure! I think I won something with this recipe in those Reiman Publications contests, you know those contests? where they get folks to give them recipes for free and then they publish a book with those recipes:ROFLMAO: and charge $25 a book;)

This recipe is for a bread machine, dough cycle, and these rolls would be terrific for pork sandwiches, has a bit of a tang with the buttermilk...

1 1/4. C. buttermilk
1 t. lemon juice
2 1/4 C. whole wheat bread flour
1 C. unbleached bread flour
1 1/2 t. salt
2 T. sugar
1/4 C. oil
1/2 C. wheat germ
1/4 t. baking soda
2 t. baking yeast

Shape, flatten with a rolling pin, place on greased cookie sheet, rise about 1/2 hour, bake at 350*F for about 18 to 20 minutes.

sure! I think I won something with this recipe in those Reiman Publications contests, you know those contests? where they get folks to give them recipes for free and then they publish a book with those recipes:ROFLMAO: and charge $25 a book;)

This recipe is for a bread machine, dough cycle, and these rolls would be terrific for pork sandwiches, has a bit of a tang with the buttermilk...

1 1/4. C. buttermilk
1 t. lemon juice
2 1/4 C. whole wheat bread flour
1 C. unbleached bread flour
1 1/2 t. salt
2 T. sugar
1/4 C. oil
1/2 C. wheat germ
1/4 t. baking soda
2 t. baking yeast

Shape, flatten with a rolling pin, place on greased cookie sheet, rise about 1/2 hour, bake at 350*F for about 18 to 20 minutes.
i don't have a bread machine just a kitchen aid mixer. will it work for me?

i don't have a bread machine just a kitchen aid mixer. will it work for me?

I don't know if it would work. this recipe was developed for a bread machine. All the ingredients, except the yeast, sit in the machine for one hour before anything happens, so the most of the flour gets soaked.

My two best friends have their birthdays within 6 days of each other, so tomorrow night I'm hosting my "Annual September Birthday Dinner." Thankfully it coincides with cooler weather, so I don't mind baking this evening. The birthday cake will be Coconut Pound Cake. :)

A friend of mine is on the board of a local chamber music society. She was on the board last year, and didn't even know it! They had no meetings, she didn't get any emails, etc... So, this year she asked if there was anything she couyld do to help out with their season opener, Oktoberfest, on Sunday. They replied by telling her she needed to bring a Black Forest Torte, THREE German Chocolate cakes, and 10 DOZEN cookies!!!!!!
She has the cookies covered, and she used to make BF cakes all the time when she was a teen. I'm baking one of the German Chocolate cakes today, will frost tomorrow, and deliver to her house tomorrow night.
all from scratch... wish me luck!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom