What are you baking today?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Babe, aside from delicious, I would call it Peach Napoleon!

Let us know how it turns out!

i used more sheets than i thought, got lazy i guess. i thought it was not quite done in the middle. my granddaughter had two pieces and then took the rest home, so she liked it. need to do it again in another larger pan. will let u know outcome. :chef:

Buttermilk Biscuits!!! Made with Plain White Lily Flour (Soda, Baking Powder, and Salt Added) They were so light we had to put a cloth napkin over them so they wouldn't float out of the skillet or off the plate...At the table, once you got a pat of butter inside, they pretty much stayed put!!!

Buttermilk Biscuits!!! Made with Plain White Lily Flour (Soda, Baking Powder, and Salt Added) They were so light we had to put a cloth napkin over them so they wouldn't float out of the skillet or off the plate...At the table, once you got a pat of butter inside, they pretty much stayed put!!!

now that's pretty light UB;)

need to bake some dinner rolls today, ones that will have no trouble staying on the plate.:LOL:

Not really baking, but I made a fantastic hot fudge sauce today, adapted from a friend's recipe.

I've got two loaves of banana bread in the oven right now. I'll also be making either an apple pie or apple crisp. Hmmm...I could do apple cake too. Where is that recipe for french apple cake? That might be next on the agenda.

My son in law does so much for me here at the house I enjoy making him sweets, his down fall:LOL: His favorite is Paula Deens Gooey Butter Cake, any kind so I'll do a yellow cake and put in toffee bits for him...Of course the rest of them will not refuse a piece:ROFLMAO:

kadesma

Last time I attempted these for the first time and it was a disaster because I killed the yeast it too hot a milk but second time around they were a success and I'm feeling very happy today :D

3977312549_64291a18ac_b.jpg

Yesterday - two batches of Bethzaring's absolutely fabulous hamburger buns to have with pulled pork tomorrow for lunch (we are having our church's youth leaders over).

Today, I started my experiment for my "signature cupcake". Apparently that is the in thing these days so I decided to try a "purple velvet" cupcake with white buttercream and purple sprinkles. Well, the taste of the first batch is awesome, though they are more brown than purple. Will have to work on that. Am trying them out on the "kids" tomorrow. When I get a good looking batch I will post a picture...if I remember which I usually don't.

Paula Deens grandma Hiers carrot cake and Everyday Foods ulimate cholocate chip cookies.

Last time I attempted these for the first time and it was a disaster because I killed the yeast it too hot a milk but second time around they were a success and I'm feeling very happy today :D

3977312549_64291a18ac_b.jpg
OH OH OH OH JJ JJ JJ i HAVE to have that recipe!!

i baked a loaf of cheddar,onion quick bread today,but it was a disappointment as it wasnt that good,and was too salty.I was really craving a savory bread but didnt want to go through all the lengthy details of making a real yeast bread,so i found this recipe on net,and the reviews were pretty good,but...

i made Halloween cupcakes for my three year old great granddaughter. the one that just got a new sister. i did it so she won't feel left out. i made most of a tres leche cake for my son's bday dinner tomorrow. will whip cream and put it on tomorrow.

Babe, you are so sweet. I am sure your GGD will love the cupcakes and your son the tres leche (I would love the recipe for that sometime).

I made Canadian Thanksgiving dinner today (only a few days early) and made 3 dozen pumpkin tarts. We has some warm out of the oven with cinnamon whipped cream for dessert.

This afternoon we are going out of town to see Alice Cooper and will be staying at a friend's house. I am taking a chocolate sheet cake with chocolate and pecan butter cream icing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom