What are you baking today?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
We are having one of our young couples we catered for this summer over and I need to have something fresh baked. Not sure what yet, but need to do some Christmas baking today so will combine the two.

I got my dinner rolls mixed, in the fridge and ready to go in the morning. I'll be doing my pumpkin custard tonight and a baked winter squash with olive oil, salt & pepper. Working on getting all my sides together so they are done and only need to be reheated, since I have a very large turkey and a very small oven.

img_863353_0_87e3ffe6b83bc4fb03843cecc72a9869.jpg

I'm going to try my pumpkin custard with sour cream for part of the evaporated milk...see what happens.

Looks fantastic msmofet!!!

You are most welcome and Happy Thanksgiving!

Well, I made some out of this world olive oil chocolate chip cookies last night. I found the recipe on a blog and if I find the link again I will post it. They don't taste like olive oil but have a unique wonderful richness.

More cookies today and butter tarts (I have 4 orders for 5 dozen each plus need them for something I am going to Saturday).

Pumpkin Custard update. I made two small ramekins for our breakfast along with the large custard pan. Okay, I swapped the evaporated milk, cup for cup, with sour cream. There is a very nice tart undertone and a creaminess I hadn't been able to achieve before. It does tend to take another 15-20 minute to bake, as there is more water content. But, it is superb and just right with lightly sweetened whipped cream. I also cut the pumpkin pie spice by about 1 teaspoon...fantastic, the spices are not overwhelming the taste of the pumpkin. I'll get a recipe written up, since I kinda just eye-balled the brown sugar.

Pumpkin Custard update. I made two small ramekins for our breakfast along with the large custard pan. Okay, I swapped the evaporated milk, cup for cup, with sour cream. There is a very nice tart undertone and a creaminess I hadn't been able to achieve before. It does tend to take another 15-20 minute to bake, as there is more water content. But, it is superb and just right with lightly sweetened whipped cream. I also cut the pumpkin pie spice by about 1 teaspoon...fantastic, the spices are not overwhelming the taste of the pumpkin. I'll get a recipe written up, since I kinda just eye-balled the brown sugar.

Sounds great Princess F! I look forward to the recipe.

Well, I made some out of this world olive oil chocolate chip cookies last night. I found the recipe on a blog and if I find the link again I will post it. They don't taste like olive oil but have a unique wonderful richness.

I made some a few days ago also - The flavor was great, but the texture was too cakey for me - I prefer chewy. Are these the ones you tried?
Olive Oil Chocolate Chip Cookies | The Crepes of Wrath

I made some a few days ago also - The flavor was great, but the texture was too cakey for me - I prefer chewy. Are these the ones you tried?
Olive Oil Chocolate Chip Cookies | The Crepes of Wrath

Yes, Merstar, they are. I knew someone posted the link before but I couldn't remember. And now I remember it was you. I found the first ones I took out of the oven were cakey, but I took the next ones out sooner and they were very chewy and good. I think I baked them for 7 minutes. Oh, and I used large milk chocolate chips (Hersheys "mini kisses") and they really blended nicely with the olive oil.

Thanks for the link, both times!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom