What are you baking today?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
A 20 lb ham...it was on sale for 49 cents a pound and I couldn't pass it up! Now I have ham everywhere! I think I'll try some ham n cheese rolls on Monday!

i have half of a good deal ham in my freezer. when first made it was eaten as just ham. then sandwich's and then bean and ham soup. love those bargains. just takes a bit of thinking what to do with that much ham.

My plans:
Baked Ham
Ham and Swiss on Rye
Ham Biscuits, breakfast
Ham and Bean Soup
Ham and Potato Soup
Scalloped Potatoes with Onion and Ham:chef:

My plans:
Baked Ham
Ham and Swiss on Rye
Ham Biscuits, breakfast
Ham and Bean Soup
Ham and Potato Soup
Scalloped Potatoes with Onion and Ham:chef:
how about western omelet and split pea soup also

Nope, I don't put meat in either one of those dishes. Do you have any other ideas?
ham mac and cheese
ham salad
ham added to a green salad
grilled ham and swiss sammie or panini
fried ham with mashed and spinach for sides
greens and ham

green eggs and ham? LOL sorry couldn't resisit. :pig:

I just had a little snack of cold ham. I've got most of it sliced or chunked up and in the freezer. I'm thinking we'll be having all of the above for quite a while! At least it was a good deal on something I can't get enough of! :)

i have pumpkin crumb cake in the oven. it is a yummy recipe i have had for years. involves yellow cake mix , eggs and butter as a base. then pumpkin mixture like pie. topping of reserved cake mix, butter chopped nuts and sprinkled on top.

was going to make scones as well but am running out of gas . my gas, not the stove, lol. it is a good lemon scone recipe but will make tomorrow.

it is really raining buckets here and that always make me want to bake. we are in for really bad storms, this week. it has been raining constantly and hard for over an hour now. except high winds as well. need comfort with sweets,

Today, I made Chocolate Chip Banana Cake. A firefighter that I worked with 20 years ago gave the recipe to me. It has bananas, chocolate chips, buttermilk, and the usual eggs, flour, sugar, etc. It is awesome frozen and then served with vanilla ice cream.

Banana bread... love it! It's easy to do and delicious. I'm happy the kids like it.

speaking of buttermilk. i have a recipe for lemon scones. can i sub buttermilk for reg. milk? would like to use butter milk up before goes bad.

I don't see why not. I often change out sour cream for milk. But do expect a change in texture of the finished product!

Orange Rolls, sweet yeast dough with orange zest in the dough. Butter, sugar and more zest spread on, rolled and cut, laid in pan to bake then infused with a simple sugar syrup. Yes, not a diet food but melt in your mouth delicious! giving them to my brothers and sis-in-laws with a few missing, husband loves them too.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom