What are you baking today?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I have a bunch of favorite recipes in a book called "Simply Scones". I do use the one called "Classic" Cream Scones as a base and add my fruit and/or nut mixtures to it. I do add more liquid than called for to every recipe because the written recipe seems just too dry to me. I also use Nordic Ware cast aluminum scone pans, and I swear they are what makes the scones better than just baked on a tray.

i usually make my whole wheat bread in a bread machine, but today I used my Kitchen Aid mixer to knead the dough, using a new to me recipe out of my new cookbook, King Arthur Flour Whole Grain Baking..and the brownies just came out of the oven, the directions say to let sit overnight to soften the bran, surely they jest..

They expect you to smell the brownies the entire time they're baking and make you WAIT? Or do you have to wait for the bread? Doesn't matter...same difference. Making you wait while smelling the yummies should be a capital crime!:mad:

the recipe for the brownies say to wait until the next day to serve them...the recipe called for the KA Traditional Whole Wheat flour, which is a bread flour...I used ww pastry flour and have no intention of waiting:)

Nothing, simply waiting for my shipment from King Arthur Flour. I got the sourdough crock and a butter bell...getting anxious, even though I know the lovely UPS guy doesn't show up until well after 5 PM.

Once I get a starter viable and mature I might have to get the crock. :)

And I love my butter bell. How did I ever eat butter without one? I am thinking of getting a second one.

And I love my butter bell. How did I ever eat butter without one? I am thinking of getting a second one.

I just discovered butter bells about 3 months ago. KA has one at a reasonable price and since I'm a King Arthur geek...well...:rolleyes:

Mine is a Butter Bell brand. Got it for Christmas.

I have a burgundy one and want a blue one too... one for salted and one for unsalted butter. ;)

This morning I made a baked french toast for breakfast. It's a cross between normal french toast and bread pudding, baked with apples on top. A tasty treat on occasion. I shouldn't be baking in the early AM though...it's just not a good idea. I forgot to grease the dish, so I'm still scouring. At least it's in pyrex...can practically sandblast it without hurting the dish.

.............I shouldn't be baking in the early AM though...it's just not a good idea. I forgot to grease the dish, so I'm still scouring........
When I do that I just run really hot water into the dish with lots of soap...and ignore it. For hours. Seems to loosen and scrub out a lot easier that way.

That's exactly what I did. Every time I went into the kitchen I scrubbed a little more with a scotch brite. By lunch time it wasn't in bad shape. It should be ready for the dishwasher after dinner!

Wheat bread
dsc_0001.jpg

I sliced a hunk off one end as soon as it was cool enough to try out some of my freshly made cultured butter.
dsc_0012.jpg

Granola cereal
dsc_0017.jpg

Jet, your bread looks wonderful. Can you share the recipe.
I'm baking an apple pie - but it is just one from the freezer - no recipe.

Wow! Those scones look great!

I am baking fresh bread with dinner and an apple strudel for dessert. Yum. I can't wait for dessert!

Couple loaves of bread in the oven right now. Smells darned fine in the house! I was going to make some of Selkie's biscuits, but felt like being more adventurous, so bread it is!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom