What are you baking today?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
It's time for this thread to be resurrected! I'm baking Medaglia D'Oro's Breakfast Muffins with some tweaks.

A cheesecake and an apple on tap for tonight. I might wait til tomorrow for the apple pie, cuz I like to serve it warm.

There are mushrooms in cream sauce with a potato topping baking in my oven at the moment.

Maybe I will make bread later, if we need more.

Mel:)

Cheesecake is in the fridge, pastry is warming up on the counter. I ran out of gas last night. Apple pie will be done when we come home from church.

No baking today. Things have slowed down a lot since DH got his diabetes diagnosis. I can't get him to understand that even a little bread is okay. Oh well, he sees the Diabetes Educator tomorrow, I'll be there, and he'll see I haven't been pulling his leg about what he can and can't eat. But, since I've been the only one eating bread, it's a waste of time and money to bake. I can only eat so much!

i'm about to slice up an apple and sweet potato and pop them in the oven for a morning or afternoon snack at work tomorrow.

no baking today, but yesterday did a Peach Cobbler for dinner. Thought it prudent to use up the last of the peaches I froze last summer, since it will soon be time for this year's crop.

Think I'm baked out for the weekend too. We still have half a cheesecake and half an apple pie to finish. I will likely do some cookies later this week once we no longer feel so full!

my fingers are itching to bake something. but the body is weak. almost over the "sick"maybe later this evening, a pineapple upside down cake. canned pineapple was on special at market. crushed and sliced. making my own mouth water.

just oven fries. trying a new method ( to me anyway) soaking sliced potatoes in ice water for an hour. then dry them and season and bake. just something fun to go with my cheese burger

On Friday I made a gluten free sugar free chocolate cake as part of my Easter trifle so that everyone could eat Easter dessert. The whole thing was a pretty good success though I still want to work on the dairy free custard.

On Friday I also made 11 dozen mini chocolate cupcakes (real chocolate cake) which I decorated with frosting and jelly beans Saturday morning. I took them to church Sunday morning as a thank you for all the meals, visits and support they have given us in the last three months during my rough time health-wise.

Today I made a gluten free loaf of bread for DH in the bread machine and a batch of GF hamburger buns in my KA. I have 8 molds and they turn out pretty good.

If I have the energy I should get a chocolate cake in the oven tonight so it is ready tomorrow to use as a sample to carve. I have an idea for a wedding cake but I need to test it out before presenting it to the couple.

Between Dad's diabetes, DH's gluten and lactose intolerances, plus samples and actual orders for my business, I will probably be baking full time from now until the end of September. Sure glad I am feeling better :chef:

I baked Pork Tamale Tarts yesterday. Polenta shells, spicy pulled pork, enchilada sauce and cheese over, baked until browned. Served with extra sauce. Very tasty! I was too lazy to wrap and steam tamales.

I cant remember if I bragged about my coconut and bananna pie. It was delicious. I made it yesterday.:)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom