What are you baking today?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
We've had the house closed all day because of property managment doing some prep for painting. Way to hot to bake OR cook. If I hadn't been dead on my feet we would have gone to the mall and hung out in AC heaven. As it was, I didn't get much rest in the heat!

Besides myself (it is very hot here), I have a wedding cake due for Sunday so I am making the cakes in the mornings and evenings. Today was the 6" small tier which is cappuccino cake. I made two batches which gave me my 3 1" layers and enough batter to make 9 medium cupcakes to take to a friend when I stop in for tea later today!

I made a dozen and a half low-fat banana nut muffins last night. I'm addicted; I've eaten 5. I put all but 4 in the freezer, but not sure how that's going to work out in the end. The last time I made them they molded pretty quickly. Does anyone have any suggestions in regards to molding and/or freezing?

muffins here too.

choc chip muffins, I quite fancy the idea of white choc muffins, i'll have to have a bit of a browse

Two loaves of white bread with ginger,evap milk, it smells wonderful. Will see how it tastes in about 5 min.
kades

My youngest is making brownies right now. While I'm anticipating the chocolatey yumminess soon to come, heating up the kitchen is not my idea of fun.

I'm baking a foccacia, no herbs, to halve for my Elk burgers. Appears DH ate the last burger buns before he left for Wyoming this morning and he left me without a car! Time to dig some dark rye out of the freezer or bake more breads while he is gone.

yesterday made peanut butter cookies. i found an awesome recipe on line. lots of peanut butter and a bit crunchy. that is how i like them. put dozen and a half in tin. gave to the guy that has been driving me to the dr. appts. a lifesaver. turns out those are his favorite. i was glad to hear that.

Tomorrow I'm baking about 200-250 black olive gougeres ahead of the weekend.

img_913876_0_a4ca216de505bee24edb15e8190d88d5.jpg

Hi! I am new in this forum. I learned to cook only recently. last sunday, I made blueberry muffins. Here is my first attempt:

41091_111164008937323_100001311728501_79228_5325214_n.jpg

I baked some banana bread last night again. I used the residual heat from my wood oven from a firing couple nights ago. That sucker retains heat for a long time.

Attachments

• P1050006.jpg
    P1050006.jpg
    58.3 KB · Views: 186
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom