What are you baking today?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
KAF Harvest Grains Stuffing Bread

Recipe here: Harvest Grains Stuffing Loaf: King Arthur Flour

My order arrived with a few key ingredients and I will be baking two loaves today. Of course, my kitchen is the only unheated room in the apartment and the window leaks. I'll be proofing in the office.

I'm making two loaves and taking the second loaf to work on Tuesday with the makings for turkey sandwiches for my co-workers.

Recipe here: Harvest Grains Stuffing Loaf: King Arthur Flour

My order arrived with a few key ingredients and I will be baking two loaves today. Of course, my kitchen is the only unheated room in the apartment and the window leaks. I'll be proofing in the office.

I'm making two loaves and taking the second loaf to work on Tuesday with the makings for turkey sandwiches for my co-workers.

This is perfect bread, very tasty! And the house smelled like Thanksgiving without cooking a turkey!

I found a Buttermilk Spice Cake recipe and of course made it my way. YUM YUM. I am going to serve it with Egg Nogg Ice Cream.

Aunt Peggy and I are in the process of making 2 Fruit Cakes....One down, one to go....They'll start the curing process tonight... Just a little late for the Thanksgiving Cake, but the Christmas cake will be well cured by Christmas Day....;)

Hunting for a snack food to bake for my kids, who are having a get-together tonight, I found a recipe for crispy rice & cheddar cheese wafers with hot sauce rather than cayenne for heat. I was a little disappointed when doing the taste-testing -- I thought they were a little "floury" -- but as soon as I had eaten the first, I wanted another one. So I wasn't UN-happy with them, but maybe I should try the traditional cheese straws next time.

"The pleasure of gratifying whim is very great. It is known only
by those who are whimsical." Boswell's Journal

I made Lion House Rolls. They are to die for!! I stood in the kitchen and ate 2 after they came out of the oven.

It's pumpkin day!

I made this pumpkin spice cheesecake last night and served it today.

A little whipped cream and gingersnaps to jazz it up.
SG1L3592.JPG

And there is pumpkin bread in the oven.

Last edited:
My presentations never look that good, I just put it in front of people and hand them a utensil...sometimes I let them have plates.

just took a "bananas and cream bundt cake" out of the oven . called for sour cream . used mascarpone instead. no sour cream in house. hope it is ok. will just put a dribble of melted white chips when it cools. my oven is so wacky. cooks to hot. so have to shave cooking time.

Last edited:
just took a "bananas and cream bundt cake" out of the oven . called for sour cream . used mascarpone instead. no sour cream in house. hope it is ok. will just put a dribble of melted white chips when it cools. my oven is so wacky. cooks to hot. so have to shave cooking time.

That sound good. Will you share the recipe?TYIA

Will try out a blueberry crumble bar cookie recipe this afternoon, in hopes of using it for T'giving, with a scoop of vanilla on top at that time.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom