What are you baking today?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
might make Paula Deen's pumpkin bars today as i already have home made frozen 3 cups of pumpkin puree,and its been sitting in the freezer for 15 days now so i wanna use it,plus i love those bars,have made them so many times before...kids love them too.

That blueberry dessert...was a cut & paste a while back of Alix's Cranberry Oat Squares, via Mimi's kitchen substituting blueberry pie filling. To quote Mimi, "They are amazing." They're baked in a 9x9 pan, and the test corner I had for lunch dessert turned into a runaway 2" strip, all the way across the 9" pan. Couldn't stop -- they were still warm and utterly delicious. Thank you, Alix and Mimi. These, with a scoop of French Vanilla, will cap off Thanksgiving dinner, although I'd like very much to make them with the original cranberry sauce. Decisions, decisions. :)

And now Chocolate Peanut Butter Cookie Treats! Somebody save me!

You're very welcome! That recipe translates well with all kinds of fillings. Blueberry, cranberry, cherry...you're limited only by your imagination. The only one I've NOT tried is pumpkin - I can't stand pumpkin!

Let' see, now. If my math is correct, if I try all of those this week and they are half as good as the blueberry, I will gain approximately 432 lbs. Can't quite picture the results using pumpkin; anyway, I think it should be a law to only use pumpkin in a pie, with lots of whipped cream. All right, pumpkin-bar people, what do you say?

Today it is Chocolate Chip Pound Cake with a yummy milk chocolate frosting. Tomorrow I'm going to make a smaller batch in my scalloped bread tube pan to take to work. The cream cheese keeps this cake super moist.

I made a cherry pie for a church youth benefit program. I sprinkled the crust with sugar, but almost burned it by forgetting to start the timer. :wacko:

I baked a strawberry cake that included a white cake mix, strawberry jell-o, thawed frozen strawberries besides the eggs, water and oil. It's not from scratch, but it still tastes really good.

Alix i use a somewhat similar icing recipe for my spice and pumpkin cakes too,and i gotta say its yumilicious!!!

The only trick to this icing is not to boil it longer than ONE minute. If you do, well, then you get solid icing! Post back and let me know how you liked it.

The only trick to this icing is not to boil it longer than ONE minute. If you do, well, then you get solid icing! Post back and let me know how you liked it.

Thanks again. Your recipe/instructions are very clear and I love that. I'll def let you know how it comes out. I'm trying to decide on a vessel for the icing now. Maybe a pumpkin bundt cake...

Thanks again. Your recipe/instructions are very clear and I love that. I'll def let you know how it comes out. I'm trying to decide on a vessel for the icing now. Maybe a pumpkin bundt cake...
You could just pour it into a greased pie plate and have it as fudge...;)

I'll be making a typical boxed chocolate cake with chocolate icing. DD is having another birthday...I wish she would stop that. But she doesn't want anything fancy, just chocolate on chocolate and she even went out and bought the mix. Maybe I can get away with playing around with the icing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom