What are you baking today?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Baking Katie H's black devils food cake and making cream of corn chowder:) Plua a loaf of foccacia
kades

Hershey's chocolate fudge cake is baking in the oven,nothing fancy but kids love it,its thier favorite among cakes...

Recipe? Is it in the Cakes section? I love coffee cake.

I'll post it in a little while. I have to finish some stuff for a client who is coming here to pick it up. Some how, it isn't on my Google calendar, so I'm not sure when he will be here. :eek: Some days I have the dumb. :ohmy:

I will be baking some diabetic brownies for Dad (shh, don't tell him that with banana, zucchini and flax flour they are good for him!) and some peanut butter flax gluten free cookies for DH. I also hope to get some of my Christmas baking out of the way. Linzer cookies now that I have my raspberry filling recipe again and peanut clusters.

I'll post it in a little while. I have to finish some stuff for a client who is coming here to pick it up. Some how, it isn't on my Google calendar, so I'm not sure when he will be here. :eek: Some days I have the dumb. :ohmy:

I ran into problems with my computer and wasted a bunch of time. Now I'm running late. I'm off to a Danish Club "Mortens Goose Dinner" and I don't want to be late for that!

So, further delay with posting the recipe.

Duck Eggs

There were duck eggs available in the cooler at the farm stand today. These were larger than chicken eggs. Would they be good for baking, and if so, how would I convert number/volume? She also had goose eggs. Any thoughts on using them? I didn't buy any yet -- just chicken, I guess. :)

I'll be baking another pumpkin pie after the chicken is done roasting. Dh is a pumpkin pie junkie.

Hey while I was at the store today the bakery was sampling some sweet potato rolls (dinner rolls). O-M-G were they good. So moist and sweet. I'll be looking for a recipe here on DC but if I don't have any luck here I'll be sure to post the recipe I end up using... if they turn out!

There were duck eggs available in the cooler at the farm stand today. These were larger than chicken eggs. Would they be good for baking, and if so, how would I convert number/volume? She also had goose eggs. Any thoughts on using them? I didn't buy any yet -- just chicken, I guess. :)

I have eaten duck eggs, but never cooked with them. According to Joy of Cooking: 1 large hen egg is 2 oz. 1 duck egg is 3 oz. and 1 goose egg is 8-10 oz. OMG! I hope that helps.

Thanks, taxlady. Since I'm mathematically challenged, scrambled may be my choice if I do buy any. On one of the cooking shows recently, I think it was Chopped, the contestants had to deal with emu eggs -- a beautiful dark green color and huge!

PS Dear Site Administrators -- on reflection, my question probably belonged in the eggs & dairy forum. Sorry I typed before thinking it through -- I am trying to do it right. What can you do with a headful of paper, hay and rags??

yesterday's baking; 100% whole wheat bread and an apple crisp...the apple crisp is unlike any crisp I have seen before..

Attachments

• DSCN3057.jpg
    DSCN3057.jpg
    78.5 KB · Views: 170
  • DSCN3059.jpg
    DSCN3059.jpg
    93.7 KB · Views: 150
  • DSCN3074.jpg
    DSCN3074.jpg
    80.8 KB · Views: 155
  • DSCN3080.jpg
    DSCN3080.jpg
    75.5 KB · Views: 148
Thanks, taxlady. Since I'm mathematically challenged, scrambled may be my choice if I do buy any. On one of the cooking shows recently, I think it was Chopped, the contestants had to deal with emu eggs -- a beautiful dark green color and huge!

PS Dear Site Administrators -- on reflection, my question probably belonged in the eggs & dairy forum. Sorry I typed before thinking it through -- I am trying to do it right. What can you do with a headful of paper, hay and rags??

No problem, it wasn't a true hijacking...:ROFLMAO: You are doing fine! and your question got answered.

Today, I am baking mac'n cheese, special request from Shrek. I may just slide in a tray of salisbury steaks and potato rolls, too!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom