What are you baking today?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Just got an Herbed French Bread dough going. And blueberry sourcream scones just came out of the oven...my mini scone pan is perfect!

As soon as the butter gets to room temperature I'm going to try out PrincessFiona's pecan shortbread cookies. I will substitute walnuts, 'cause I don't have any pecans. I'm only making half the recipe. The last time my DH had shortbread (store bought), he didn't like it.

As soon as the butter gets to room temperature I'm going to try out PrincessFiona's pecan shortbread cookies. I will substitute walnuts, 'cause I don't have any pecans. I'm only making half the recipe. The last time my DH had shortbread (store bought), he didn't like it.

My brain went on vacation while I was measuring and adding the flour. I made half the recipe, so I add 1/2 cup at a time. And then, I wasn't sure if I had added that last 1/2 cup of flour.

I PMed PrincessFi in a panic. She gave me suggestions for testing. Well, those cookies are fabulous. My DH likes them. I don't know how I will manage to stop eating them before they run out. :pig:

I made them with 1/2 hard and 1/2 soft, whole grain wheat flour. I haven't seen all purpose, whole grain, wheat flour since the early '80s, so that's what I do instead. No one would notice that they are "healthy". ;)

BTW, the recipe is here: http://www.discusscooking.com/forums/f43/pecan-shortbread-cookies-69169.html

I will definitely be making those again.

Cheesecake with cherry topping
img_951171_0_e196915da695c6991b0ae79ebcfe5b1c.jpg

There is so much carb in this house at the moment that I don't think I'll be baking for quite some time. But if I were to bake that multi=grain bread sounds like a winner!

There is so much carb in this house at the moment that I don't think I'll be baking for quite some time. But if I were to bake that multi=grain bread sounds like a winner!
I have some new flours and add in ingredients I want to use to tweak my basic multi-grain (flours) dough. I will try to jot down the measures/weights as I go. I will be in the testing/experiment stage.

I baked two loaves of French bread and have some dough proofing for a small pain di mie loaf. Glenn gave me a small pain di mie pan for Christmas and I couldn't wait to use it. Yum. Can't wait.

Not baking, but I was in the mood for peanut butter fudge, so I made some using creamy peanut butter and added some chopped macadamia nuts for fun. It'll be ready for sampling any time now!!!:LOL:

Last edited:
made a batch of cheddar cheese crackers,one batch of coconut macaroons and chocolate coconut macaroons each...made a yellow cake from scratch 4 my 2 year old boys' birthday,with chocolate buttercream frosting...

Just got done baking a double layer pumpkin spice cake,i actually used Paula Deen's pumpkin bar recipe and made it into a double layer cake,its waiting to be cooled and frosted,i already made a pumpkin-cinnamon buttercream frosting to go on and in it...yummm...the frosting tastes great!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom