What are you baking today?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Beth, do you leave your carrots in the ground all winter? How do they do?

They do great. We grow a large long carrot and they sorta hibernate when it gets cold. You need to cover them with adequate hay so the tops of the carrots and the surrounding ground does not freeze. I plant in several small plots around the garden to foil any rodents. The past several years we have had no animal damage to the carrots. Also, we plant a lot of carrots so any loss is not noticed.

i made a pumpkin dump cake today. of course i fooled with the recipe. called for spice cake, used a yellow cake mix. called for evaporated milk, i used sweetened condensed milk. i left out the 1/2 cup of white sugar. added 3 tsp. pumpkin pie spice and a teaspoon maple flavoring in the pumpkin,eggs,milk part. used 3/4 cup melted butter for the top.

next time will use a cup of butter, had a few dry spots in the topping. will add a bit more spice, next time.

if anyone wants the whole recipe , just ask!

Made chocolate chip cookies for kids and a neighbor today.The neighbor is asking for the recipe already...

These went to my taxlady's house with me and my tax stuff yesterday. They were just a lemon box cake baked in mini cupcake papers. Used a melon scoop to take out 'divots,' filled the hole with melon-scoop lemon curd balls from the jar. I intended to put the tops back on, but they didn't really fit, so just drizzled on powdered sugar icing.

Attachments

• lemon bites.jpg
    lemon bites.jpg
    55.2 KB · Views: 204
Thanks, Babe. Next time I think it will be home-made lemon curd with Alix's lemon cake in regular size cupcake pans -- more curd that way!

Liz

Since we were out of dessert and I didn't get to the lemon tart yesterday, I just put a blackberry pie in the oven. It's smellin' good already. It's a great recipe and it's especially good since the blackberries came from our garden last summer. Yum! The ice cream's ready and waiting.

Since we were out of dessert and I didn't get to the lemon tart yesterday, I just put a blackberry pie in the oven. It's smellin' good already. It's a great recipe and it's especially good since the blackberries came from our garden last summer. Yum! The ice cream's ready and waiting.

Oh wowww, that sounds so tempting! now i'm craving a berry pie ! :(

my four year old great granddaughter will be baking together today. we are going to make red velvet cake and a few cupcakes. we have fancy cupcake holders. lots of sprinkle on pink frosting. i bought her a chef outfit. so cute. chef's hat, apron, hot pan holder and hot pan holder mitt. and a wooden spoon. she loved it so much she wore it to lunch at the olive garden. adorable.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom