What are you baking today?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
My grandsons and I made "Grammy Cookies". It is always more fun cooking with my boys!

Today I made Alix's Cranberry Oat Squares using grape jelly. I used blueberry jpie filling the first time -- they were super. The grape is just as good. I put some of the oat mixture aside & made mini-muffin pan samples, using cherry jam for two, lemon curd for two, and orange marmelade for two. I really like the way these bite-sized ones came out and think the lemon was best -- the tartness worked so well. Now I have to try the original tart cranberry, which may top them all. Thanks again, Alix!

My absolute pleasure! That's a particular favorite of mine. I've tried almost every combo you can think of and I keep coming back to the cranberry. It just satisfies me completely.

My daughter (Bugs) was the baker in our house yesterday. She made chocolate oat chippers and they were fantastic. Better than mine! I think she has found her calling.

It's my bf's birthday tomorrow, and his family is coming up from the cities, so I'm making cheese cupcakes :) half of them will be turtle cappuccino cheesecake, and the other half will be chocolate covered cherry cheesecake. Mmmmmmm. I usually decorate with chocolate leaves, but I'm at a loss where to get leaves to use for a mold in the winter, without wrecking someones houseplants ::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:: Will have to settle for chocolate curls. I have to make them tonight when I get home from work tho, or my bf will eat them!! Even though they are supposed to chill for 12-24 hours.

Bread. In-laws are coming tomorrow to visit and take our dog home to babysit him while we go away for a few days.
My Father in Law likes bread with his meals and we don't have any. I am not driving in to town to pick up a few buns so I put some dough on to make up a few dinner rolls. We can send him home with the leftover buns and I also have a Venison roast to give him. He like that stuff. I'm not crazy about it.

I'm also baking a bone-in ham for tomorrow to eat cold. I won't be here to cook for them. I have to take off to the city, right after work, to play at an Irish Pub with my son and his band for St Patty's Day.

Last edited:
Add two loaves of Pumkin Pound Cake. I read a recipe for Sweet Potato Pound Cake in a magazine, and seeing as I didn't have any mashed sweet potato, I subbed it for a can of Pumkin and it worked out great. It called for cinamon and nutmeg, so that worked fine with the pumkin. I figured that I may as well while I have most of the ingredients out already and the oven on for a few hours.

Last edited:
I made a banana cream pie today. It was a 10" deepdish, glass pie plate. It had a butter, pastry crust, fresh banana's, a creamy custard, homemade cooked filling topped with real heavy whipping cream. Sold it all...even in a health club.

I need to look at this more often. Someone asked what a "Grammy cookie"was. A Grammy cookie is a recipe that I made with my grandson Scott. It is a monster cookie recipe that uses oats and no flour. They have chocolate chips. Really good. Anyway when Scott and I made them together when he was 3 years old, he was asked by a friend of mine what kind of cookies we had made. I guess since he made them with his Grammy he decoded they were "Grammy cookies". I was honored, and they are now the only kind of cookies he wants to make with me.

Today I made cinnamon rolls. They were like the cinnabon in the mall. Wow did they turn out good! Such a hit with my husband and son.

1 Lb 9 Oz rye bread, 3 1/2" high. Corned beef sandwiches tonight.

Attachments

• CroppedRye.jpg
    CroppedRye.jpg
    77.2 KB · Views: 174
Last edited:
a lemon poppy seed pound cake (b'day cake)with lemon pudding and cool whip frosting. and for a quick biscuit for dinner. it is a mix, cheddar and garlic. i always add a bit extra cheddar.

Single loaf of French Bread. I had to bake twice. Even though I've been baking bread for nearly 30 years, I occasionally have a loaf "go south" on me. I slashed the top and it deflated like a cheap souffle and never came back. It was the perfect specimen for using as a prop for a brick.

I was really ticked off, so I angrily slapped together a second dough. It rose perfectly, and I ended up with a proper loaf! Sometimes there are days like this, but thankfully, not many.

Single loaf of French Bread. I had to bake twice. Even though I've been baking bread for nearly 30 years, I occasionally have a loaf "go south" on me. I slashed the top and it deflated like a cheap souffle and never came back. It was the perfect specimen for using as a prop for a brick.

I was really ticked off, so I angrily slapped together a second dough. It rose perfectly, and I ended up with a proper loaf! Sometimes there are days like this, but thankfully, not many.

Oh I hate it when that happens. At least the second one turned out!:)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom