What are you baking today?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
well actually yesterday I made a carrot cake for tonights company...

hey Uncle Bob:) I think you requested a photo of my carrot cake a while back....I made some for you this time:chef:

Wow, that looks good Miss Beth ~~ Since yours is prolly all gone by now...Think I'll put in a request for one here locally and see what happens! ~~ Me having been a good boy and all lately, maybe my chances are good!!:LOL:

Flourless Chocolate Torte. Made a mess with the powdered sugar. Added a solid sprinkling of sugar and will try something with raspberries tomorrow to make it look better.
6728-albums332-picture2642.jpg

Won't post the recipe until after we taste it. :)

Well the lemon cake didn't make it 48 hours. I will either make another one, or possibly a carrot cake. I'm tossing around ideas for a chocolate cake with crushed peppermint candy in it too. I'm undecided about which to make today.

We are serving (catering) a breakfast tomorrow morning & are par-baking a blueberry, cream cheese baked french toast.

gave up on the pound cake for now. found a recipe for lemon drop cookies. you all know how i love lemon. gotta pick up lemon drops and half and half. so tonight or tomorrow depending on what time i get back from shopping

I made this on Saturday. It's too chocolate-y and rich for me but everyone else ranted and raved about how good it was though. It's not complicated either, just takes a bit of time. (Check out the video for it, I think she did a great job on it.):

Chocolate Tart with a Hazelnut Crust
Dulce Delight

Crust:
1 cup ground graham cracker
3/4 cup whole hazelnuts ground - no skin
1/4 cup cocoa powder
4 tbsp confectionery sugar
5 tbsp unsalted butter – melted

Toast the hazelnuts for 9-10 minutes at 350F. Roll in a towel to remove the skins. Place in a food processor and grind until ground into fine crumbs.

Add all of the crust ingredients together and stir to mix. Take a handful and give it a squeeze; if it holds its shape it’s ready. Add 1 T of melted butter if it is too dry. Press it into the bottom of the tart pan and up the sides.

Bake at 350 for 10 minutes.

Filling:
1 1/4 cup heavy cream
250g or 9oz bittersweet chocolate- no more than 65% I used 55%
2 large eggs
1 tbs vanilla extract
1/4 tsp salt

Bring cream to boil. Pour over chocolate. Let sit 5 minutes. Stir until smooth. Add eggs, vanilla and salt. Pour into crust and bake for 30 minutes. Let tart cool for at least an hour before adding the glaze.

Glaze:
2 tbsp heavy cream
55g or 2oz bittersweet chocolate - same one used above
1 tbsp honey
1 tbsp warm water

Bring cream to boil. Pour over chocolate. Let sit 5 minutes. Stir until smooth. Add honey and warm water. Stir until incorporated. Pour over the room temperature tart. (Remove from fridge an hour before glazing or let cool for an hour after baking!) Pour onto the tart and tilt the pan to move the glaze around until it is coated evenly.

Serve at room temperature!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom