What are you baking today?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I made a coconut cream pie with a butter pastry crust & real whipped cream on top with toasted coconut.

I would love your recipie for focasia bread if you are willing to share it. We buy 8-10 loaves a week for caterings in our cafe.
I'll post the recipe tomorrow I'm off to bed now it's been a long day and I'm dead on my feet.
kadesma:)

Last night I made chocolate chip cookies with snicker bars inside. They were really tasty. I saw the idea in a magazine. I also used orange extract in place of the vanilla. I am always experimenting!:)

Last night I made a no bake chocolate eclair cake w/ gram crackers, vanilla pudding, cool whip, and whipped frosting. It's been chilling in the fridge since last night and I am dying to try it tonight!!

Yes did you post the recipe?
Coconut Cream Pie:

Pre-bake your favorite butter pastry pie crust.
Filling: 2 c. sugar
8 egg yolks
3/4 c. cornstarch
1.5 quarts whole milk
Put together in a saucepan. Cook over medium heat until thickened. Toast 1/2 bag of coconut on a baking pan in the oven. When custard mixture is thick, add toasted coconut. Fill pre-baked pie crust. Let cool several hours. Make whipped cream using heavy whipping cream & sugar. Spread whipped cream over chilled pie. Garnish the top with some more toasted coconut.

Coconut Cream Pie:

Pre-bake your favorite butter pastry pie crust.
Filling: 2 c. sugar
8 egg yolks
3/4 c. cornstarch
1.5 quarts whole milk
Put together in a saucepan. Cook over medium heat until thickened. Toast 1/2 bag of coconut on a baking pan in the oven. When custard mixture is thick, add toasted coconut. Fill pre-baked pie crust. Let cool several hours. Make whipped cream using heavy whipping cream & sugar. Spread whipped cream over chilled pie. Garnish the top with some more toasted coconut.
I forgot...2 tsp. vanilla. Add the vanilla after the custard mixture is thickened.

Every time I open the freezer, the bags of blackberries from our garden have been calling, calling, calling....

So, I have a Blackberry Cream Cheese Coffee Cake baking in the oven. I wanted something a little different for breakfast tomorrow and think this'll fit the bill. Sure smells good.

I also have two loaves of plain white bread on their first rise. We were all out of "utility" bread and today, with it's chill and gloom, is perfect for filling the house with the smell of bread baking.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom