What are you cooking Dec. 12th 2017

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Kevin86

Senior Cook
My theme this week is turkey so ideas are welcome.

Today was oven baked turkey omelette with hash browns for brunch and dinner will be potato squash turkey soup.

If that container in the freezer is what I think it is, we're having spaghetti and meatballs for dinner.

wished I had stock in Tupperware. Tuesday Tupperware tacos tonight.

I was into making a whole pkg burger for sloppy joes, then trying to turn them into tacos later. Lately, I split the burger after cooking, and make 1/2 SJ's and save the rest to make taco sauced when reheated. Much easier to achieve the seasoning mix. Then start checking the mystery containers for toppings.

I have a small rib roast swimming in the sous vide. I don't know yet what I'll be having with it.

Rib Roast with Demi Glace and Bleu Cheese Chop Salad.
S6HbwzP.jpg

Hectic day so I just gathered a bunch of stuff from the fridge and made us large salads... Served with buttered crackers for a bit of crunchiness..

Will finish off the lemon meringue pie later..

Ross

As expected, I gained weight over the last two weeks of heavy traveling. I'm up 8 pounds. So, I'm eating light for a while. Of course, half of the gained weight is water, due to the excessive amounts of sodium in restaurant food. That should go away fast.

Tonight, I made a ham and cheese sammich on a hoagie roll with lettuce -- seasoned with pepper, no salt, other than what is in the two slices of ham.

CD

I got distracted and didn't get the lemon chicken in the oven...tossed some cubes of chicken, tamari, ginger, peach juice in the pressure cooker, thickened to liquid, add a bit of a peanut sauce, made rice and fresh veggies. Mom's got garnished with chopped cilantro, chopped peanuts and grated fresh ginger. She liked it. Dad not so much. I had less than 20 minutes before the evening caregiver arrived. I tasted it, it wasn't bad for a throw together meal.

We ate a really wonderful Chinese lunch out today, so we're each on our own with the leftover beer butt chicken from two nights ago. I made myself a sandwich, and I think the SC is doing the same.

Steve, that meal and photo is mouth watering!!

Last edited:
We had salads - they were so colorful and pretty. Use your imagination, since I forgot to take a picture. Also had roasted cauliflower and broccoli (check out that nice char!), and sauteed chicken cutlets with mushrooms. Pan sauce was butter and white wine. Also warmed up a snowflake roll for each of us. Only two more each left in the freezer. :(

Attachments

• 20171212_220407.jpg
    20171212_220407.jpg
    55.6 KB · Views: 116
Back
Top Bottom