"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > General Cooking Information > Menu Planning > Today's Menu

Old 06-06-2006, 12:22 PM   #1
Master Chef

What are you cooking for June 6th?

Today I'm looking at my lettuce bed needing its first harvest. There's a bit of chuck steak in the fridge that should go, and two avocados, one of which really, really needs to be used. Obviously it is going to be a salad of some kind. Given a choice of Med, Mex or Southeast Asian, hubby chose the latter. So there's the challenge! This is why I seldom use a recipe!

Old 06-06-2006, 08:40 PM   #2
Chef Extraordinaire

Send a message via AIM to pdswife Send a message via MSN to pdswife Send a message via Yahoo to pdswife
It's my last clay class tonight so Paul will be having leftovers.

Old 06-06-2006, 09:59 PM   #3
The Dude Abides

Send a message via AIM to TATTRAT Send a message via Yahoo to TATTRAT Send a message via Skype™ to TATTRAT
Tonight I pulled out ALL the stops...I am feasting on two, YES TWO, of the finest 7-11 cheese burger bites money can buy. Accented with "day old" diced onin, the finest pumped ketchup, and a smidgen of mayo, all on a slightly stale, split top butter bun. Mmmmmmmmmmm.....dinner?
Old 06-07-2006, 04:05 AM   #4
Executive Chef

Oops, posted this on YESTERDAY's thread, instead of Wednesday's! Edited to remove.
Old 06-07-2006, 10:42 AM   #5
Master Chef

Last night was Turkey Taco night here at Casa Breezycooking - lol!!
Old 06-07-2006, 11:39 PM   #6
Master Chef

I had a large lunch. So, for dinner I made tuna salad and ate it on iceberg lettuce leaves. Later on I had a 1/2 cup cottage cheese for a snack.

Theodore Roosevelt
26th president of US (1858 - 1919)
SierraCook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2006, 12:09 AM   #7
Chef Extraordinaire

last night, umm, actually it's still tonight, the 7th, i made broiled chicken legs, inspired by my mom.
i should explain.
growing up, we had a chamber's stove, the same kind rachel r. uses on her 30 minute meals show, which happens to have this really cool griddle/broiler.
my mother made the best dry rubbed chicken legs and breasts in the broiler, especially for trips to meet relatives at rockaway beach (yes, the one from the song).
with 2 or 3 big irish families getting together, my mom would broil dozens of chicken legs the night before, to be enjoyed on the beach the next day, served cold from a giant old steel cooler my dad had to carry along with chairs and a wood and canvas umbrella for what seemed like miles. the golden broiled legs were encrusted in salt and pepper (and occasionally sand ). they were the best.

so, in honor of my mom, i broiled about 20 skinless chicken legs, half rubbed in paprika/powdered garlic/powdered onion/s&p, half in just a lot of salt and pepper. i brushed a few of the s&p's with sweet baby ray's honey bbq sauce towards the end.

mine were good, but it'll never be 1971 again, at mom and dad's feet, well dug into the sand with my cousins patrick and mikey, and my sisters all about.
it was probably the only time all day that it was quiet enough to hear the surf...

Meh nom eh noh...doot dooooo do do do.
buckytom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2006, 11:47 AM   #8
Head Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by buckytom
i should explain.
growing up, we had a chamber's stove, the same kind rachel r. uses on her 30 minute meals show....
I also had a Chambers stove in my old house - it was cool. The only downside was it weighed 700 lbs (and I didn't take it with me when I moved on), but it was a terrific stove to cook or bake with.
Old 06-08-2006, 11:55 AM   #9
Sous Chef

My DD is away on school camp, my DS will be eating dinner at his friend's house, I had a late lunch, oh the entrecote was lovely. DH might just have to have a sandwich or something. Poor guy!