What are you cooking for the 4th of July?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
We will have a backyard full this year..DH had to buy the 11 foot water slide:ROFLMAO: but we will have fun..there will be burgers, hot dogs,brats, chile, mac and potatoe salad, fruit salad, zuchinni torta, rice torta,phyllo,layered with parm, tomatoe slices, thyme, salt and pepper, the torta's are part of the appies. as are spinach dip in a loaf of bread, baguettes toasted, brushed with evoo, then topped for a gorgonzola that is very soft and creamy,we put them under the broiler and when the cheese starts to melt, we remove them and drizzle with a good honey, the tomatoe layerd phylo, and what ever everyone else decides to bring..dessert :LOL: a lady fingers layered with strawberries, blueberries, and whipped cream, plus vanilla, chocolate,strawberry ice cream with al types of toppings if that is what they want..anything else that shows up will be fair game to all:LOL:

Between now and then, with my gang, I'm sure some new request will come in, if so I'll let you know...
Happy Fourth everyone!
kadesma;)

mr. callie is manning the grill - he wants pork chops, my dad wants burgers, and i want hot wings...so we're fixing them all! along with we'll have potato salad, artichoke/rice salad, baked beans, a cream pie with mixed berries on top and whatever else we can think of!

Happy Fourth :)

I'll be grillin' with friends. Juicy burgers (handmade patties with plenty of worcestershire sauce), hot dogs, maybe some chicken/steak, buffalo wings with my special homemade honey BBQ sauce, chips & salsa and plenty of other finger foods.

OK - menu is now set in stone.

My version of a crudite platter which will consist of:
  • grilled portobello mushrooms
  • grilled zucchini
  • grilled yellow squash
  • grilled asparagus
  • grilled red pepper
Hummus
North Carolina Caviar
Pimento Cheese Spread

• Hamburgers with a paste made with olive oil, garlic, kosher salt then Worcestershire sauce added
  • 2 smoked beer butt chickens
  • baked beans
  • some kind of potato salad - probably what I call French Tarragon
  • some sort of pasta salad that someone is bringing
  • traditional mayo coleslaw
  • strawberries with homemade biscuit shortcakes
  • Wine, wine, wine, wine, beer :mrgreen:

Last edited:
filet mignon & gamehen with a veggie, either pasta or potatoes, and alcohol. jake, if he wants that other food, my love to him, 'cept that filet is MINE!!!!!:ohmy:

:) We are having 4 friends over.Im making BBQ Ribs and Chicken.Salad,corn on the cob,baked beans,garlic bread and watermelon.For dessert cherry cupcakes with strawberry frosting with sprinkles and other odd decorations DHs 9 year old grand daughter decorated.

I can't decide if I am going to Kitchenelf's house our Kadesma's house - yum! We opted for easy - we are going to my sister's house - lots of nummy snacks and then ordering Lou Malnati's deep dish Chicago pizza - a little different this year. I have Paul Dean's Ooey Gooey Butter Banana Cake in the oven for dessert. A day of eating all day long - what could be better?

I thought about maybe doing some BANGERs and mash, maybe a little wild ROCKET salad, and CHERRY BOMB pie :rolleyes:

seriously, we`re having Thai green curried Chicken with chestnut mushroom rice.

Close friends of mine are getting married this weekend, so the plan is to spend some time with them for the 4th. That would mean BBQ Mikey won't be master of the grill on the holiday. I have no idea what theyre havin...

no one has mentioned what they'd like to eat.
one thing for sure, it's gonna be hot in Vegas today, mighty hot!
best get up now and get to the market and see what they've got there.
whatever tempts me, I'll get. don't know how many I'll be cooking for.
the youngest DS has a great barbeque and a wonderful kitchen for me to play in.
Happy 4th of July everyone:clap:

As long as the rain holds off (which looks iff-y), we're grilling assorted veggies, balsamic chicken, Italian sausages and a few pork chops I wanted to use up. We're keeping sides easy with just fresh green beans and corn and a bunch of muniches. Dessert is fresh strawberries and blueberries with whipped cream.

We're all gonna meet at my brother's to watch the parade and grill..bring your own meat. Hubby and I are having grilled BBQ chicken. I'm bringing a cold pasta salad of some sort. Mom is bringing raw veggies and dip, fresh fruit and a strawberry pie. Not sure what my sister will bring, other than my nieces and nephew!!!

grilled loin lamb chops with rosemary from the garden, home grown basil pesto on pasta, sauted chard (again from the garden) with garlic. When will the tomatoes come in!!!???

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom