"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > General Cooking Information > Menu Planning > Today's Menu

Old 12-31-2006, 12:35 PM   #11
Chef Extraordinaire

As we do every New Years Eve, we will go to our favorite Chinese place. Should be interesting since there will be the entire famly tonight.Even little Olivia will get her first taste of the goodies Then we will come back here for dessert and some bubbly and watch the ball drop...Just a quiet family time, my favorite way to celebrate.
kadesma
Happy New Year everyone!

Old 12-31-2006, 12:37 PM   #12
Executive Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by BreezyCooking
Husband & I are doing absolutely nothing except sitting around watching tv (Turner Classic Movies is having a Marx Brothers movie fest) & EATING. Bought some bubbly, lentil soup, 3 pounds of huge Alaskan King crab legs, ordered 3 different kinds of fresh American caviar which arrived yesterday, nacho fixings, etc., etc., etc.

Also bought the few remaining ingredients I needed for tomorrow's Cassoulet, which I'll start tonight.
cancel out what I just wrote, I'm coming to your house! do I have time to catch that last flight of the day?

Old 12-31-2006, 12:59 PM   #13
Cooking Links Contest Winner

Send a message via Yahoo to shannon in KS
We are all staying in, eating munchies, sipping a few drinks, and probably watching movies. Hopefully I make it 'til midnight! and, IT'S SNOWING HERE!!!! YIIIPPPEEEEEEEE!

shannon in KS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2006, 01:23 PM   #14
Executive Chef

Send a message via MSN to YT2095
Quote:
Originally Posted by shannon in KS
IT'S SNOWING HERE!!!! YIIIPPPEEEEEEEE!
Can come and live with You!?

YT2095 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2006, 01:29 PM   #15
Cooking Links Contest Winner

Send a message via Yahoo to shannon in KS
Quote:
Originally Posted by YT2095
Can come and live with You!?
awwww, no snow there? i will send you a snowball! I just read in the news this morning that some lady is selling snow from Colorado on Ebay! HA!

shannon in KS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2006, 01:39 PM   #16
Sous Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by kadesma
As we do every New Years Eve, we will go to our favorite Chinese place. Should be interesting since there will be the entire famly tonight.Even little Olivia will get her first taste of the goodies Then we will come back here for dessert and some bubbly and watch the ball drop...Just a quiet family time, my favorite way to celebrate.
kadesma
Happy New Year everyone!
HAPPY NEW YEAR to you too!!!
We will be going to a friend's house like we do every year.I'm already planning to have a little party here next year -we have a lot of friends that don't do anything and I would love to spend the eve with them!!!
We do Chinese food on Christmas Eve -it's a long time tradition for us.I hope you enjoy every morsel anad every moment with your family and I hope little Olivia is approving of the menu !!Lots of love and energy,Vicki
Old 12-31-2006, 02:47 PM   #17
Sous Chef

We are also going to a friend's house - a New Year's tradition for his. He has a home that is perfect for parties. We always have a lot of fun. Can't wait!
Old 12-31-2006, 03:47 PM   #18
Chef Extraordinaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by VickiQ
HAPPY NEW YEAR to you too!!!
We will be going to a friend's house like we do every year.I'm already planning to have a little party here next year -we have a lot of friends that don't do anything and I would love to spend the eve with them!!!
We do Chinese food on Christmas Eve -it's a long time tradition for us.I hope you enjoy every morsel anad every moment with your family and I hope little Olivia is approving of the menu !!Lots of love and energy,Vicki
Thanks Vicki,
I wish you could see our Livi divi she is getting so big, she has been walking for several months now and is a quick as can be..Yesterday she gave me the best birthday present of all..She came in with her mom, so we could go have her 1st. birthday pics taked, , mommy put her down, and up went her arms as she toddled to me to be picked up..I picked her up she huged me then put her two little hands on each side of my face gave me a kiss and said MA for the first time! I tell you it just brought tears to my eyes.. This tiny little thing is such a joy...And now tonight I'll spend the evening with all of them, what more can we ask for?
kadesma
Old 12-31-2006, 04:12 PM   #19
Sous Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nicholas Mosher
Working... what fun...
That's what you get for being a chef

It's all over for us, our two boys headed out to their bosses place for a BBQ last night [it's 7am here] and they haven't returned yet. I mowed the yard early yesterday morning [just because the neighbour had an all night party [ I did wait for them to get into bed though]] so I was worn out. Went to bed at 6pm, how exciting was that.
Happy New Year everybody
Old 12-31-2006, 04:41 PM   #20
Master Chef

We're not doing a thing. DH had trouble with the Xmas party watching everyone at, so, we will stay home where I can make him a shake or whatever. We'll just find a movie and have a quiet evening at home.